Pacific Foundation Services, LLC (PFS) is a professional services firm that currently partners with 39 independent family foundations. PFS provides substantial strategic expertise through a staffing model that enables foundations to each be more efficient and effective, choosing from a curated set of services including programmatic and strategic advice, grants management and compliance, financial management, board development and governance, communications, and a physical home. Our team brings diverse perspectives and experience from the nonprofit, philanthropic, and private sectors in service to the greater good. We value competence and camaraderie, and work together to make the most of our collective experience. We thrive on collaboration and share our talents to provide top-level service to our clients.
ABOUT THE POSITION
PFS is hiring a Program Associate who will be dedicated to a single foundation client based in Palo Alto, CA. The Program Associate will support the foundation’s program staff with research, writing, presentations, and other activities related to the development and implementation of grantmaking strategies. Strong collaboration, project management, and communication skills are required. The Program Associate will work closely with the foundation’s Managing Director. The position is full-time (37.5 hours per week), nonexempt.
Reports to: Vice President, Engagement & Program Services
- Conduct research and analysis on grantmaking program areas, synthesize relevant materials, and draft organizational summaries to present to senior staff and board
- Coordinate meetings and progress updates with existing grantees as assigned
- Perform national scans of potential grantees, funders, and demographics that fit within current and potential grantmaking strategies and present potential grantees for application invitation to senior staff
- Develop formats and produce reports from database for internal and external audiences
- Maintain a knowledge base for relevant program areas, and disseminate news and policy updates to staff and board
- Collaborate with staff to prepare presentations, reports, and dockets as assigned
- Participate in meetings with staff on grantmaking, planning, and strategy across a broad spectrum of program areas
- Attend trainings and possible conferences as assigned
- Plan meetings and networking events with partners as requested
- Administrative tasks as assigned, e.g., meeting notes, travel arrangements, scanning and digital file management
- Communications work as assigned, e.g., website updates, coordination of vendors, producing first draft content for blog posts
- Special projects as assigned
PFS has offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto and Santa Rosa. This position is based in our Palo Alto office, but may function from San Francisco 1-2 days per week. During shelter-in-place, our offices are closed with only essential staff occasionally working in the office. The person in this position will work remotely until the office re-opens in October.
PFS offers a competitive salary of $80,000 - $90,000 (commensurate with experience).
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information. To apply, please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, salary requirements, and a resume to:
Jessi Misslin, Vice President of Engagement & Program Services
E-mail: [email protected]
Application Deadline: June 15, 2021.
No phone calls, please.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with