As Greater Boston’s community foundation, the Boston Foundation devotes its resources to building and sustaining a vital, prosperous city and region, where justice and opportunity are extended to everyone. We fulfill this mission in three principal ways:
Making grants to nonprofit organizations and designing special funding initiatives to address this community’s critical challenges; Working in partnership with donors and other funders to achieve high-impact philanthropy; and Serving as a civic hub and center of information, where ideas are shared, levers for change are identified, and common agendas for the future are developed.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Charged with being an ambassador for the Foundation’s work, the Donor Relations Officer is responsible for cultivating a portfolio of active and prospective donors to help develop and support plans for giving today and in the future, as well as developing and managing an integrated stewardship plan to include various fund types and constituencies.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Demonstrated experience working with high net worth donors and familiarity with fundraising and philanthropy;
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills, and ability to respond to development opportunities as they arise;
- Demonstrated ability to advise and council individuals and families on their philanthropy decision making and planning;
- Ability to understand and communicate finance, accounting and investment strategies to a wide range of audiences including donors and professional advisors;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong customer service orientation;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products - especially Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point; database experience (Salesforce) strongly preferred;
- Excellent data management and reporting skills;
- Professional and mature interpersonal work style, ability to interact well with a diverse range of people;
- A can-do and will-do attitude, i.e. no task is too high level nor too basic;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet organizational deadlines;
- Commitment to contributing to an overall organizational culture of learning and wellbeing;
- Participatory work style; team player and sense of humor; ability to give and receive feedback;
- Willingness and ability to handle confidential information;
- An entrepreneurial spirit eager to build and grow; and
- Preference for a deep awareness, understanding, and connection to the Boston community, including connections to community-based organizations and leaders.
For the full job description, please go to https://www.tbf.org/who-we-are/careers and select “Donor Relations Officer”.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply. The Boston Foundation believes that one of the great strengths of the Greater Boston community is the rich diversity of its residents in race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age and physical abilities. The Foundation seeks to enhance and support that diversity, not only by its grantmaking, but also by adopting and implementing employment policies and practices designed to recognize and respond to such diversity.
The Boston Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experience.