The LGBTQ Community Center of The Desert (“The Center”) is the only non-profit community center in Eastern Riverside County run by and for LGBTQ people of all ages and identities. Its mission is to create a vibrant community by “helping LGBTQ people along their way.” The Center envisions a Coachella Valley with LGBTQ people living authentically and thriving in a supportive and inclusive community.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Executive Director and CEO will assume primary operating and oversight responsibility for The Center and will work closely with Board, Staff, and community partners to advance the organization’s work and mission. She/He/They will have ultimate responsibility for strategic, operational, administrative, and financial stewardship in concert with the Board of Directors and will actively engage internal and external stakeholders in creating a shared vision for the future of the Center.
This executive leader will also work with Board and Stakeholders to develop and implement a new strategic plan and will provide motivational leadership to The Center with a focus on the following organizational priorities:
- Ensure ongoing financial sustainability through growth and diversification of fundraising programs, capacity, and results
- Broaden outreach to new individuals and communities while deepening engagement with current constituents, supporters, and partners
- Grow, improve, and align programming to meet evolving community needs
- Strengthen and improve operational systems and structures that support people, programs, and organizational growth
- Raise visibility, awareness, and understanding of The Center’s work and accomplishments with all audiences
The Executive Director & CEO will also function as a primary representative of The Center and the people and communities it serves at public events, in the media, with policy makers, and in coalition with other allied community organizations and leaders.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply. Inquiries, nominations, or applications (including a cover letter and resume) should be directed electronically and in confidence, to [email protected] We are pleased to answer any questions or supply further information.