The Benida Group, LLC, located in Buffalo Grove, Illinois is looking for a full-time Administrative and Grants Assistant.
The position provides administrative support to the Program & Grants Manager and the Foundation Director, as part of a three-person team serving four unique grantmaking foundations. This individual participates in handling general office tasks and special projects, assisting foundation staff and board members.
To be successful in this role, you will be highly organized, detail oriented, multi-tasking self-starter and possess excellent written, verbal interpersonal and computer skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to...
- Maintain accurate filing system for four foundations, including electronic and physical files.
- Capture data from grant applications and other communication, and update information into the Blackbaud Grantmaking database to create and generate reports, merged letters and other documentation used for grantmaking and Board Meeting book creation.
- Research assignments and review grant applications to ensure complete submissions; conduct due diligence.
- Meeting coordination to include scheduling and arranging travel for foundation staff and Board of Directors.
- Board Meeting preparation including generating grant reports, producing board books, ordering food, preparing room, and mailing materials as necessary.
- Prepare/process/merge check and wire requests, grant letters, and grant agreements and reconcile financial data with accounting department.
- General administrative duties such as calendar maintenance, composing correspondence on behalf of the organization.
- College degree preferred and must possess 3+ years of administrative experience, preferably with a not-for-profit organization.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with databases (preferably Access or Blackbaud), Adobe Acrobat, and MS Office Suite
- Problem-solving, self-starter.
- Discreet in handling confidential matters.
Interested candidates should forward their resume/request for additional information to [email protected].