What is The Kresge Foundation?
The Kresge Foundation is one of the top 20 private foundations in the United States and is metro Detroit’s largest foundation. With a $3.8 billion endowment and over 100 employees, we work to expand opportunities in America's cities for people with low incomes. We do this through grant making and social investing nationally in arts & culture, education, environment, health, human services, and community development in Detroit. Kresge’s Detroit Program is one of the foundation's signature efforts, reflecting our commitment to work in one of America's most challenging and dynamic cities and our belief in strategic, interdisciplinary, collective, and innovative approaches to urban revitalization.
Join an Award-Winning Investment Office
The Kresge Investment Office works to ensure the foundation has the necessary resources to achieve its mission of improving opportunities in America's cities by managing the foundation’s endowment. The team is responsible for prudently investing funds across a wide variety of asset classes including public equity, private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, natural resources, real estate, and fixed income. By combining a long-term investment horizon with innovative investment strategies, the team strives to consistently be a top performer in its sector.
During the past five years, Kresge’s Investment Office has produced industry leading returns among institutional portfolios exceeding $1 billion in assets. The results of the team and individual managers have been validated in the investment community with numerous awards and nominations by aiCIO, Institutional Investor, Trusted Insight, and others.
Thrive in a Mission-Driven Environment
We offer a competitive total compensation package including….
- Health benefits, employer-paid dental, vision, and life insurance
- 4 weeks of paid time off
- Attractive 401k plan consisting of a 5% 1:1 employer match and an additional 10% employer contribution
….and other benefits:
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks daily for a minimal charge
- Robust professional development opportunities, including tuition reimbursement
- Award-winning platinum LEED facility anchored by a 19th century farmhouse
- Annual Giving Back campaign to support non-profits in Southeast Michigan
Available Position: Investment Director
The Kresge Foundation has an opening for an Investment Director to play a key role as a contributing member of the investment team. The Investment Director will work closely with the investment team in all phases of the investment process, from asset allocation to manager hiring, in a wide range of asset classes. The Director will be a generalist working as part of the senior team to set strategy, asset allocation and implementation plans for the endowment. In conjunction with investment team members, the Investment Director will:
- Globally source, access and recommend prospective investment managers across all asset classes.
- Manage existing external investment manager relationships - in all asset classes, on at least two continents.
- Conduct due diligence on prospective opportunities including analysis of investment strategy, process, organization, portfolio positions and performance.Have an opinion
- Prepare and present recommendations regarding new investment opportunities.
- Form and share opinions on every investment recommended for inclusion into the portfolio.
- Guide the construction of an asset class by determining portfolio fit for each manager or strategy recommended.
- Analyze market trends and capital market research to provide insights into asset allocation decisions.
- Network with industry professionals and peers to enhance the investment process.
- Interact and present to the Investment Committee.
- Serve as a representative of the Foundation throughout the investment community by participating in networking events, attending industry conferences, and investment manager annual meeting
- Strong commitment to the Foundation's vision and values with the ability to demonstrate that commitment in daily interactions.
- Masters degree and/or CFA is required
- At least 7-years of related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all constituencies, including Investment Committee members, sophisticated investment professionals and a broad array of other constituents
- Strong analytical and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Passion for learning
The Kresge Foundation, an Equal Opportunity Employer, seeks to reach a broad and diverse candidate pool when filling vacant positions. We strongly encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds because we believe that the foundation and its work benefit from the various perspectives and talents of a diverse staff. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with