Meyer Memorial Trust is seeking an Investment Associate Fellow to assist in the management of MMT’s investment portfolio and other strategies that further the Trust’s vision of a flourishing and equitable Oregon. The fellow will offer support and work closely with the Chief Investment Officer and other staff as part of a small, closely-knit team.
Duties include the following: Analyze, produce, and present investment information, such as charts, graphs, asset allocation models. Complete due diligence summaries that are used to make investment decisions. Interpret and present data and make recommendations on a very wide variety of investment products (public and private), and in so doing, make a meaningful contribution in adding value to the organization. Routine travel periods in spring and fall to meetings and conferences.
Fellowships are 24-month, full-time positions located in Portland, Oregon. Ideal candidates are from communities under-represented in philanthropy (especially communities of color), are early in their careers (4 to 6 years of professional experience), and are interested in learning about philanthropy.
The fellowship is offered through a partnership with the Momentum Fellowship Program at Philanthropy Northwest (please see https://philanthropynw.org/2015-momentum-fellowship-application for more information). In addition to opportunities at the Trust, MMT fellows will be part of a regional Momentum Fellowship Program learning and networking cohort with peer fellows from other participating foundations. This will include participation in quarterly cohort meetings, coaching sessions and mentoring/training opportunities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Producing Investment Summaries
- Producing Cash Flow Summaries
- Performance Reporting with external consultants
- Developing Risk/Return Charts
- Liquidity Modeling – Maintain details of redemption terms and changes to terms
- Employee meetings – Investment review
- Developing One pagers for all managers – Relationship Summaries
- Vintage year performance comparison
- Maintain files for new investments, prepare all legal documents relating to funds, write up recommendation memos
- Asset Allocation Modeling – Pertrac
- What-if modeling – prospective managers
- Back-up to CIO – manager meetings, client conferences, and annual meetings
- Studies – i.e. non-US Fixed Income, Emerging Markets Fixed, correlation analysis - all products/asset classes
- Maintain Investment Contacts Database
- Responsible for all Cold Calls
- Keep website (investment pages), Investment Policy, and Retirement Plan Policy updated
- Interface with internal accounting and finance to reconcile trading activity
- Draft board resolutions and investment meeting minutes
Through its commitment to equity and inclusion the Meyer Trust knows well that professional strength can be derived from many experiences and accordingly encourages candidates from a variety of backgrounds.
More specifically, the Meyer Trust seeks a professional who reflects the following:
- Minimum of four years pertinent hands-on experience
- Degree in finance or related fields recommended, or a demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience
- An understanding of investment products/risks and financial modeling would be beneficial
- Must be adaptable, self-starter, able to work independently but participate as a team player, organized, detail oriented, professional
- Excellent written, oral communication, problem solving, and presentation skills required
- Strong documentation skills, business and technical acumen demonstrated both verbally and written
- People-oriented, friendly, and personable nature
- A personal interest and commitment to working in an inclusive environment that places a high value on equity, collaboration, and respect in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment
- Knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint
- High level of proficiency with Excel
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The annual compensation for this full-time (37.5 hours/week) position includes a package of benefits including medical, vision, dental, Flex-Plan, and retirement. Salary is dependent on experience. Fellows will be placed at Meyer Memorial Trust in Portland, OR, but will be officially employed by Philanthropy Northwest.
To apply for this job position, please submit your application, including your cover letter, resume and supplemental essay responses, online at https://philanthropynw.org/2015-momentum-fellowship-application no later than 5 p.m. on June 3, 2015. Your application should be uploaded to the Philanthropy Northwest site as a single PDF file. Please name your file [YOUR LAST NAME_POSITION TITLE].
ABOUT MEYER MEMORIAL TRUST
We work with and invest in organizations, communities, ideas and efforts that contribute to a flourishing and equitable Oregon.
ABOUT PHILANTHROPY NORTHWEST
Philanthropy Northwest is the network for philanthropists of all types who are committed to Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming. We promote, facilitate and drive collaborative action by community investors to build resilient, equitable and inclusive communities.