ABOUT FIDELITY FOUNDATIONS
The Fidelity Foundations are a group of private, non-operating foundations that fund a diverse set of programs on a national and international scale. Areas of investment include education, arts and culture, health care, science, conservation and community services. In addition, the Foundations fund nonprofit organizations that strengthen the communities in which Fidelity Investments employees live and work.
Foundation grants are designed to encourage the highest standards of management and to create long- term self-reliance in nonprofit organizations. Taking an investment approach to grantmaking, the Foundations fund organizations with a goal of adding lasting, measurable value. The Foundations seek to support major initiatives that nonprofits undertake to reach new levels of achievement.
The Fidelity Foundations is seeking an Information Services Manager to develop and/or maintain information management resources and related technology. This position is an essential member of the Fidelity Foundations staff and will have the opportunity to help shape the Foundations’ information resources, systems and processes during a time of organizational growth and evolution.
The Information Services Manager will be responsible for strategic development and maintenance of the Foundations’ information resources in support of grant-making and organizational operations. They are responsible for providing management and oversight of the Foundations’ grants management system (currently Blackbaud Grantmaking), including day-to-day administrative management, QA/QC and documentation of the database and related procedures. S/he will continuously assess system performance and usability, and will be responsible for business analysis, database management, on-site customer service and support training for all users, defining best practices, and overseeing data security protocols. Additionally, the role will be responsible for developing an in-house resource library and for making recommendations on the further development, access, and use of the Foundations’ information resources. Furthermore, they will have the opportunity to support strategic initiatives within the foundation in collaboration with members of the senior team.
The successful candidate will be expected to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, senior management, and external stakeholders. A natural collaborator, s/he will be a demonstrated team player with exceptionally strong interpersonal skills and an appreciation for the nuances of multigenerational family foundations and philanthropy. S/he will be a flexible, self-directed problem solver who thrives in a complex environment, thinking creatively and collaboratively about the Foundations’ broader goals and their intersection with the specifics of information services. They will be deeply committed to the values of the Foundations and have a high-level of integrity, ethical rigor and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Oversee all aspects of information management relating to Foundations’ needs and practices, including maintaining the necessary policies, archives and database records for compliance and management purposes
- Act as the lead administrator for Blackbaud Grantmaking (or successor grant-making system) and perform related software systems analysis and programming
- Develop and implement record management procedures and data standards for foundations staff
- Work with team members and key partners as an internal business analyst to identify new database or file-sharing and library needs and lead on the development of new tools and procedures; act as administrator or liaison of new and existing tools as appropriate
- Manage user accounts, security access, and database configurations (in alignment with company policies and procedures)
- Develop and maintain reports, updates and data mining queries
- Document, communicate, and expedite response to database problems and user requests for new features
- Collaborate with team members and key partners to develop and implement process improvements and controls to the foundations work streams to standardize processes, improve quality, and reduce risk
- Support the senior leadership in business planning, analysis, and reporting in support of the Foundations’ programmatic goals and inform decision making
- Provide user support and training of information services tools to new hires, existing staff and other key stakeholders
- Manage vendor relationships with information service partners
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in information science, information management or related subject preferred
- 5+ years of related work experience
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE
- Proven experience and talent in overseeing organizational data and records management Experience with managing a grant-making database system such as Blackbaud Grantmaking or other CRM-type system
- Experience with managing risk in database systems, including cybersecurity Proven expertise in project management and business analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Three or more years of experience with a foundation or related nonprofit work
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with all levels of co-workers, including assistants, staff, senior management and Trustees
- High-level interpersonal skills, team player, diplomacy, ability to negotiate and build consensus
- Sound judgement, integrity, and respect for confidentiality are absolute requirements
This position will be based in Boston, MA. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. To apply, please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to email@example.com.