Olney Theatre Center for the Arts has an exciting opportunity in our Development Department for a dynamic, creative, go-getting fundraising professional. Reporting to the Development Director, the Manager of Individual Giving will have primary responsibility for coordinating the organization’s annual giving efforts and manage a portfolio of small-gift donors. The Individual Giving Manager will play a key role in a premiere arts organization and will be responsible for helping to significantly increase revenue.
The Manager of Individual Giving will:
- Set strategy and execute fundraising plans for sustaining and growing the number of annual donors and increasing gift amounts to meet annual fundraising goals
- Secure sponsors for each show/program, communicating with artists and ensuring fulfillment of sponsor benefits (in concert with Manager of Special Events and Donor Relations);
- Support Development Events (e.g., First Rehearsal Meet & Greet, Opening Night Reception) with focus on cultivation, stewardships and post-event follow-up;
- Coordinate solicitations for annual appeals, including Winter, Giving Tuesday, Spring, Membership, among others, implementing strategies developed by Director of Development;
- In concert with the Associate Director of Development, lead new funder prospecting, including research, analysis of fit, and proposal writing;
- Develop and implement creative strategies to enhance the sponsorship program and introduce other programs that will attract new donors and inspire larger gifts from current donors.
In addition, the Manager of Individual Giving will:
- Support Manager of Special Events and Donor Relations to ensure events (e.g. First Rehearsal, Opening Night) deliver an exceptional donor experience;
- Participate in planning and staffing the annual Gala;
- Represent Olney Theatre Center as needed and participate in initiatives and events related to the Theatre’s mission
- Passion for performing arts a must;
- Minimum 1-3 years fundraising or similar experience, or a combination of education and professional experience;
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to write persuasively on issues related to the performing arts and arts education
- Superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with staff at all levels, to interact with donors, and to represent the Theatre with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality;
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to conduct and coordinate multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Availability to work evening hours and weekends, as needed;
- Knowledge of Tessitura or other fundraising software is preferred.
About Olney Theatre Center
Olney Theatre produces and presents extraordinary theater and performance on its four-theater campus for an ever-more diverse set of audiences in our community, and educates the next generation of theater-makers to follow in our footsteps.
Olney Theatre Center is located just north of Washington, D.C. in arts-rich Montgomery County, Maryland. We offer a diverse array of professional productions year-round that enrich, nurture and challenge a broad range of artists, audiences and students. One of two state theaters of Maryland, Olney Theatre Center is situated on 14 acres in the heart of the beautiful Washington-Baltimore-Frederick "triangle," within easy access of all three cities.A professional, award-winning regional theater, Olney Theatre Center operates under an Actors' Equity Association Council of Stock Theaters (COST) contract, one of only two theaters in the country to operate under such a contract.
How to Apply
Please submit resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com.