Potential is equally distributed; opportunity is not. A major driver of healthy development and opportunity is who you know and who’s in your corner.
30 years ago, MENTOR was created to expand that opportunity for young people by building a youth mentoring field and movement, serving as the expert and go-to resource on quality mentoring. The result- more than 10x increase in young people in structured mentoring relationships, from hundreds of thousands to millions.
Today, we activate a movement across sectors that is diverse and broad and seeps into every aspect of daily life. We are connecting and fueling opportunity for young people everywhere they are from schools to workplaces and beyond.
Commitment to Diversity
MENTOR is committed to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion for all. We embrace our differences and celebrate our common humanity in advancing awareness of the need for a transformative power of supportive relationships for our young people. We believe that varied perspectives, experiences, and opinions are central assets in our mission to close the mentoring gap. As we seek to build the most complementary team when it comes to skill, perspective, and experience, we strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented communities to apply.
About the Role
MENTOR seeks a motivated, dynamic, and passionate Individual Giving Manager to join its 5-person development team in Boston, MA. Reporting to the Director of Development and Donor Engagement, the Individual Giving Manager will play a central role in growing MENTOR’s individual giving program. The Individual Giving Manager will be responsible for cultivating, developing, and overseeing relationships with existing donors and new prospects, managing MENTOR’s annual appeal and donor communication strategy and securing new and increased unrestricted gifts from individuals to support MENTOR’s strategic objectives.
- Establish and maintain a highly engaging individual donor cultivation and gift stewardship program to identify and increase new donors and to increase giving levels of existing donors with a focus on $1,000+ individual donors.
- Work in partnership with the Sr. Director of Development, Director of Development, CEO and other members of MENTOR’s leadership team to build relationships and close major gifts ($1,000+).
- Serve as a qualification officer for new major gift prospect leads ($5,000+).
- Coordinate prospect/donor calls and meetings and create/update written proposals and other briefing materials as needed to secure gifts.
- Manage a portfolio of current and prospective mid-level donors ($250 - $1000) including creating revenue and growth goals, tracking and measuring meaningful interactions, soliciting gifts, and ensuring timely and appropriate acknowledgements.
- Plan, implement and manage a comprehensive direct mail program and online giving strategy that includes a calendar outlining the proposed campaign activity, expected return on investment and reporting expectations.
- Create and oversee the execution and tracking of a donor communications and engagement plan including non-ask e-mails and mailings; stakeholder engagement calls; and cultivation events (including the Excellence in Mentoring Awards Dinner, an annual 150-person event hosted by MENTOR’s Board of Directors in Washington, DC).
- Professionally and clearly articulate MENTOR’s vision and funding priorities verbally and in writing to prospects and donors.
- Support the planning and execution of MENTOR fundraising events as needed and with a specific focus on individual donor engagement.
- Inform strategy to engage Board Members in individual giving efforts and create materials to support board engagement.
- In partnership with Development Associate, maintain accurate and up-to-date records in donor database and establish processes to improve efficiencies, individual donor data integrity and effective segmentation.
- Track and analyze key individual giving metrics to monitor success and inform strategy. Share internal and external reports to demonstrate progress towards individual giving goals.
- Strong and authentic passion for MENTOR’s mission and growing the youth mentoring movement
- 3-5 years of professional experience, particularly with non-profit/community-based organizations
- Experience running a successful annual campaign, cultivating and closing individual gifts, developing donor strategies and stewarding donor
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, comfort interacting with donors at all giving levels and partnering with staff and volunteer leaders
- Experience using donor databases and donor search tools
- Self-starter with ability to function in a fast-paced, high volume, multi-faceted, collaborative, results-oriented work environment and to analyze issues, identify priorities, manage projects and make decisions expeditiously with little oversight
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Occasional travel, evening and weekend hours
Compensation and Benefits
This is an outstanding opportunity to contribute to a highly effective nonprofit’s Development team. The salary range for this role begins at $60,000 and is commensurate with experience. Full benefits include health, dental, 403B, pre-tax transit, generous vacation, STD/LTD/Life insurance, parental leave, paid professional development and an option of remote work one day/week (non-COVID time).
MENTOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Diversity of opinions, experiences, and backgrounds is a key asset.
Please apply online here: https://apply.workable.com/mentoring/j/0A394D8C63/
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with