City Year Boston is seeking a dynamic and experienced Individual Giving Manager who will lead efforts to secure financial support from individuals in the metro Boston area. Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving and working closely with other development team members, senior leaders, volunteers and board members, the Individual Giving Manager is responsible for meeting quarterly and annual goals by identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding a diverse base of donors.
This position will play a critical role by assisting the Director of Individual Giving in the creation and successful execution of a substantial and sustainable individual giving program while working in close partnership with other members of the Individual Giving team. The Individual Giving Manager will also work closely with City Year Boston’s External Affairs team to fully leverage the site’s outreach activities and events to meaningfully engage prospects and donors. In total, the Development team is responsible for securing more than $10.5 million in annual support from individual, corporate and foundation sources during the next fiscal year. City Year Boston’s scaled impact plan, which will be implemented over the next five years, projects a growth in program size that would increase this annual fundraising goal to $13 million.
- Cultivate, solicit and steward a diverse portfolio of contributors to City Year.
- Identify donors’ philanthropic interests and provide them with an opportunity to realize an outstanding philanthropic experience through their charitable investment of time, advocacy and financial support to City Year.
- Primarily focus on individuals with estimated giving capacity of <$5,000.
- Support donor acquisition efforts by helping identify and coordinate new opportunities to raise resources for City Year and build the City Year brand in the community.
- Develop strategies to identify, cultivate and solicit leadership-level support and multi-year commitments from new donors.
- Serve as a liaison between donors, prospective donors and site leadership to ensure individuals are fully aware of and invested in City Year Boston’s work, participate in local events and develop a meaningful relationship with the organization.
- Visit five to seven donors per week, on average, at their homes, offices and at events in the Boston area.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director, Managing Director and Individual Giving team to support and leverage meetings with donors and prospects.
- Work closely with a group of dedicated volunteers to help City Year strengthen donor relationships and raise the financial resources necessary to fund current and future programs.
- Assist Individual Giving team with the Investment Community, Women’s Leadership and Legal Community Breakfast Committees, the Seven Generations Board, the Ambassador Circle (young professional initiative), and the Starry Starry Night Committee.
- Assist Individual Giving team with donor communications, as well as alumni and parent fundraising efforts.
General Management and Outreach
- Maintain accurate records and achieve monthly targets on donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities.
- Serve as a powerful City Year Boston representative at local corporate and community functions.
- Contribute to the intellectual and organizational capacity of City Year Boston by staying apprised of local and national trends in national service, public education and fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree required; two or more years of work experience including one year of successful fundraising experience for a non-profit or educational organization preferred.
- Strong knowledge base of all aspects of fundraising with a strong emphasis on individual giving programs.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a diverse team of volunteers to meet fundraising goals.
- Experience using donor/relationship management software to track donors, establish goals and generate reports (experience with SalesForce preferred).
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with an ability to engage and inspire a wide range of audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and think critically.
- Passion for and understanding of City Year’s work within the national service movement and education sphere.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office platforms required.
- City Year and AmeriCorps alumni are encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including health insurance, vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, flexible spending account and more.
Qualified applicants should complete the online application, and attach a resume and cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with