URGE plays a unique and critical role as a reproductive justice organization that engages young people and catalyzes their power to fight for the ability of all people to build the families they want, access the healthcare they need, and to live and love in a way that’s true to who they are. Working with a diversity of young people ages 18-30, URGE provides training, field mobilization and national leadership to move policy, systemic and cultural change.
URGE seeks to hire a full-time Individual Giving and Alumni Relations Manager. This is a new position for URGE, and we are looking to hire someone with the passion, experience, and curiosity to co-create the position with us.
The position requires expertise in the principles and politics of grassroots fundraising, experience in donor and member engagement, a talent for socializing and event planning, and a spirit of experimentation and risk-taking. The Individual Giving and Alumni Relations Manager will report to the Development Director, and work closely with the Development Department, the Executive Director, and the Field Team to help develop and implement a grassroots fundraising program (donors under $5,000 annually) and an alumni engagement program at URGE.
This position is envisioned to take advantage of the following opportunities:
- URGE has twenty years of chapter alumni, many of whom have indicated a desire to be engaged.
- URGE has hundreds of newly-acquired small-dollar donors brought on in response to abortion bans in our investment states.
- URGE has several hundred active members who are not donors.
- URGE has a robust social media presence and an active base of over 50,000.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and work independently as well as a member of a team. Candidates must have knowledge of and commitment to reproductive health and rights and/or social justice issues, as well as some experience working in the not-for-profit sector.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Individual Donor Management:
- Work with the Development Director to establish a grassroots fundraising strategy (donors under $5,000 annually) that is an integral aspect of URGE’s development and programmatic strategy.
- Work with the Development Director and Communications Department to increase URGE’s visibility to attract new donors and move existing donors to greater levels of engagement.
- Develop and disseminate compelling donor-specific materials and appeals, and other material as necessary.
- Draft and send timely acknowledgment letters to donors.
- Maintain scrupulous records of donor data in Nation Builder, URGE’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform.
- Keep informed of developments in grassroots fundraising and fund development, as well as the not-for-profit sector.
Alumni Network Management:
- Work with Development Director and Field Directors to develop an alumni engagement program that will:
- engage and serve URGE members beyond college;
- build URGE’s base of active advocates; and
- cultivate URGE alumni as donors.
- Work with Field Directors and State Organizers/Coordinators to design and implement programming for URGE alumni.
Event Planning and Management:
- Manage fundraising, sponsorship, and ticket sales for URGE’s annual “Generation Awards” event.
- Hold alumni engagement events in relevant cities around the country.
- Work with Board Members, staff, and members to hold house parties and fundraising events in relevant cities around the country.
- Strong commitment to URGE’s mission and values, particularly a commitment to: supporting abortion rights, promoting young people’s activism and leadership, dismantling white supremacy, and LGBTQIA+ liberation.
- Ability to convey URGE mission and values in a compelling manner to potential donors.
- Minimum of five years’ professional fundraising or alumni relations experience.
- Experience directly developing and implementing individual donor fundraising and engagement strategies, particularly small-dollar donors.
- Superb writing and oral presentation skills in English.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and independently.
- Experience working with customer relations management tools - NationBuilder experience preferred.
- Knowledge of sexual and reproductive health issues a plus.
- Must be willing to travel throughout the U.S. and work some weeknights and weekends.
$55,000 - $65,000 annually with excellent benefits, commensurate with experience and negotiable based on location.
Remote ok. Preferably located in one of URGE states - Alabama, Georgia, Kansas, Ohio, or Texas - or Washington D.C.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered. Please send a cover letter, resume, one writing sample, and the names and contact information of three references to [email protected]
Be the first to comment
Sign in with