UpMetrics empowers community-impact organizations and grant-making organizations to be more data-driven and maximize their impact. Thanks to our real-time impact analytics platform and expert client services team, our partners can effectively collect, analyze, and learn from data to make informed decisions, build capacity, and tell their stories. We believe in the transformative power of our partners and our vision is to close the opportunity gap by matching capital to quality programs.
As an Implementation Specialist at UpMetrics, you will work hand in hand with Client Managers to onboard our clients. We are looking for a passionate and proactive individual to play a critical role in setting our clients up for success through platform implementation and training. The role requires experience manipulating and visualizing large data sets, a passion for communicating data concepts to users without strong quantitative backgrounds, as well as strong project management and organizational skills.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work within a mission-driven and highly collaborative team environment, while using and furthering their technical skills and developing an extensive understanding of the impact sector.
Experience Manipulating and Visualizing Large Data Sets:
- Understand the best ways to structure, clean and present information from large data sets in a concise, coherent way
- Apply quantitative data to an organization’s goals and outcomes, with an emphasis on using data to take action
- Navigate and comprehend diverse data sets from a broad range of sectors, such as academic data, financial data, survey feedback, or other quantitative research data
Passion for Communicating Data Concepts to Non-Technical Users:
- Explain data concepts like use of templates, structuring data tables, and creating effective data visualization in simple terms
- Guide stakeholders with best practices and recommendations to improve data collection strategies and data structure
- Teach and train - lead sessions where non-technical users learn how to navigate our data analytics platform
Project Management and Organizational Skills
- Manage competing deadlines and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Establish, follow, and improve upon documentation practices
- Expert-level Excel skills, previously applied in either an academic or professional context
- Experience using project management and collaboration tools such as Asana and JIRA
- Passion for serving clients in the social sector
- Team first approach, characterized by a collaborative mentality
- Eagerness to learn from teammates and colleagues and a readiness to look for new ways to address challenges
- Naturally enthusiastic attitude and solution-oriented mindset
- Patient approach when explaining new concepts, and an ability to find new ways to describe concepts when an initial approach is less effective
- Up to 4 years experience in a Client Success, Technical Training / Onboarding, or Research / Analyst role
Nice to Have
- BA preferred, but not required
- Previous (pre-COVID) remote work experience preferred, but not required
Our company values influence everything we do, from our work inside the office to how we choose our partners:
- Team First -- Collaboration is key. We celebrate each other’s strengths and respect varying backgrounds and views. We value everyone’s input.
- Client Focused -- Our work is personal. Many of us have direct experience working in the field and are deeply passionate about what we do. We take a partner approach with all our clients.
- Show Integrity -- We are open, honest, ethical, and fair. We expect integrity from the team internally and the people we choose to partner with.
- Reflect and Improve -- We are a data company always looking to get better. We test often, iterate, and look closely at metrics to build capacity and inform decisions.
- Let's Go! -- Never settle for the status quo. In uncharted territory, we take ownership and strive for excellence. We work hard but have fun while we are doing it.
Compensation & Benefits
- $60-75K annual salary based on experience
- Additional variable compensation
- Equity incentive plan
- Health insurance for employees and family
- 401K plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Paid family leave
- Fun offsites and annual retreat
- Outstanding team and meaningful work
- Remote work environment
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org