The Leadership Now Project is a membership organization of business and thought leaders who are committed to high-impact solutions to renew American democracy. Leadership Now has four guiding principles that transcend political parties: to protect democracy while renewing it; to promote fact and evidence-based policymaking; to create an economy that works for all, and to embrace diversity as an asset. In 2019-2021, the organization is focused on the threats to the fundamentals of democracy, including low voter participation, gerrymandering, and the influence of money in politics.
Our work is fast-paced, analytical, and risk-tolerant. We power reforms to our system through sophisticated analytics; engage in thought leadership; mobilize new investments in a portfolio of reform organizations, and recognize political leaders who change the game and share our principles. Our leadership team has experience building start-ups, consulting at top professional services firms, running major businesses, and serving at the highest levels of government.
Leadership Now is currently seeking a full-time Impact Associate. Location is flexible - and remote to start (team members are based in Washington DC, Boston, New York, and the Bay Area).
Impact Associates are utility players who engage on a variety of projects across our analysis, investment, advocacy, and member engagement functions. Illustrative projects include:
- Identifying and evaluating high-impact organizations solving immediate challenges in democracy to recommend for investment
- Conducting rapid and rigorous analysis on key democratic reforms, and sharing this analysis through webinars, articles, and one-on-one presentations
- Designing, implementing, and assessing an advocacy campaign with one of our partner organizations
- Passion for positive political change and democratic ideals
- 2+ years experience in management consulting, impact investing, or related fields. Experience in political campaigns, policy or public service is highly valued
- Excellent research and analysis skills - strong proficiency in Excel required, proficiency in data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Flourish, r) a plus; ability to wade through a sea of information effectively and synthesize concise and compelling conclusions
- Excellent presentation skills - strong proficiency in slide presentations, writing, and speaking
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate clearly and concisely and modulate tone for a variety of audiences
- Excellent self-management skills - ability to organize, prioritize, and communicate updates
- Problem-solving mindset - ability to be resourceful, make rational and justifiable decisions, and work quickly and efficiently in a startup environment
- Team mindset - demonstrable interest in working as enabler of others
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, submit a resume / LinkedIn profile and a brief paragraph explaining why you are applying to [email protected]. Please include the title of the position and where you saw it advertised in the subject line of the email.
Promising candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Leadership Now Project believes that diversity is an asset. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people we can find. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.