The Help Me Grow (HMG) Program Coordinator serves as the lead staff for the Help Me Grow program operations. The Help Me Grow program offers families throughout Contra Costa opportunities to ensure the optimal health of their children by supporting early identification of developmental concerns and providing referral(s) to link them to customized community resources. The Program provides a system of care to support both families and early childhood providers to access needed resources and supports for children ages 0-5.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per work week, with some evening and weekend hours required. Funding assured through June, 2017; with the possibility of additional years of funding.
Early Intervention Program Officer
Standard Functions and Responsibilities:
The duties outlined below are expected to be carried out by this position. These duties are typical tasks performed by the Help Me Grow Program Coordinator:
• Assist in the development and preparation of reports and handle special requests for information and materials as needed
• Manage multiple projects and make independent decisions
• Represent program when needed to agencies, Commissioners, community members and others
• Uphold First 5 policies and procedures
• Provide expertise or training to other staff members, as necessary
• Process and handle confidential information and files with discretion
• Responsible and accountable for broad agency functions specific to the Early Intervention (EI) Initiative.
• Participate, as a staff team member, in other Commission activities and projects as needed
• Work independently and also as part of a team in a fast-paced, challenging environment
Special Functions and Responsibilities:
The following duties are the most significant responsibilities of the Help Me Grow Program Coordinator:
• Coordinate planning and implementation of Help Me Grow system
• Develop protocols and procedures to ensure high quality service delivery
• Coordinate Help Me Grow system meetings
• Identify system gaps and challenges and recommend strategies to address system needs
• Manage assigned budget and monitor program expenditures
• Coordinate communication among system partners
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community partners, providers, educational institutions and other stakeholders
• Maintain and synthesize information, data and records to evaluate and report on the effectiveness of current programs and services, and recommend program modification
• Assist in contract development with service providers, ensures that contracts are prepared and executed accurately and timely, and ensures compliance with contract deliverables
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
The education and work experience requirements listed below are considered the minimum requirements for employment in this position.
• Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred, in child development, psychology or related field, and three to five years of relevant work experience with progressive responsibilities OR
• A minimum of five years of relevant work experience in a similar position with progressive responsibility
Minimum Skill Requirements:
The knowledge and skill requirements listed below are considered the minimum requirements for employment in this position.
• Demonstrated knowledge of early child development and mental health
• Knowledge of best practices in family centered care and family engagement
• Experience in early intervention or family support programs for young children
• Experience in the use of developmental screening tools with young children
• Experience in programmatic analysis and report preparation
• Strong organization and time management skills, with attention to detail and excellent follow through
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team setting
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team with diverse populations and groups
• Produces high quality work in a time-efficient manner; senses what will help/hinder accomplishing a goal
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to contribute toward a positive work environment
• Self-directed and action-oriented; sees what needs to be done and acts
• Goal-oriented; with the ability to anticipate upcoming needs and potential problems, approach them with a problem-solving mindset, and communicate them to staff
• Excellent computer skills in MS Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Strong verbal and written English communication skills
• Valid California driver’s license
Preferred Skill Requirements:
The skill requirements listed below are preferred but not required for employment in this position.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of early childhood systems, including disability services
• Experience in program development, planning, collaboration, and evaluation and quality assurance methodologies
• Familiarity with Help Me Grow model
Salary and Benefits:
Starting salary range is $57,958 to $71,710 commensurate with experience. First 5 Contra Costa offers a comprehensive benefits package.
About First 5 Contra Costa:
Research shows that a child’s brain develops most dramatically in the first five years and what parents and caregivers do during these years to support their child’s growth will have a meaningful impact throughout life. Based on this research, California voters passed Proposition 10 in 1998, adding a 50 cents-per-pack tax on tobacco products to support programs for expectant parents and children ages 0 to 5. Since its inception, First 5 Contra Costa has distributed more than $100 million in Prop. 10 revenues to programs and services that meet local needs.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, a writing sample, and a brief letter of introduction that summarizes why you are ideally suited to this position to HMG Program Coordinator at [email protected] Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Or mail to First 5 Contra Costa, Help Me Grow Coordinator, 1485 Civic Court, Suite 1200, Concord, CA 94520,
This position will remain open until filled.
First 5 Contra Costa is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Be the first to comment
Sign in with