The Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration (AFTD), based in Radnor, PA, seeks a highly-motivated Grassroots Events Coordinator. AFTD is globally recognized as the leading nonprofit devoted to advancing research on frontotemporal degeneration and to improving quality of life for people affected today. FTD is the most common dementia for people under age 60. Established when a single volunteer made a donation in 2002, AFTD raises awareness of this misunderstood disease while supporting patients and families, educating healthcare professionals, and advancing collaborative research. Today, we have a growing staff of 20 and a robust national network of hundreds of volunteers, hundreds of whom raise awareness and raise vital funds to drive our mission through grassroots events, held online, on social media and in-person.
AFTD seeks a well-organized and dynamic Grassroots Events (GRE) Coordinator to expand and lead a growing national network of grassroots events. Reporting to the Special Events Manager, and working collaboratively with AFTD’s Board, staff, and national network of grassroots events volunteers, the position will engage an emergent and passionate rare disease community in raising awareness, visibility, and grassroots income. The GRE Coordinator will focus on stimulating, cultivating, supporting, and managing all aspects of AFTD’s national Grassroots Events Program, including national, branded campaigns as well as independent, host-generated events. For someone with a demonstrated interest in grassroots and special events fundraising, and who draws energy from connecting externally with volunteers and donors in cities across the country, this position will make an excellent step toward a career in events-based fundraising.
- Demonstrated experience in a planning role for special events, marketing, and/or social media, either in professional or volunteer capacity.
- Affinity for and a demonstrated strong, intuitive understanding of AFTD’s mission and its importance to those we serve.
- Proven success in coordinating events, sponsorships, marketing, public relations, or social media efforts; experience in volunteer management preferred.
- Exceptional skills in organization and time management with ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, along with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to engage a broad community online, by phone, and in person.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment while demonstrating patience, creativity, and good humor.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as social media tools with experience in database management preferred.
- Enthusiastic and energetic team player with positive approach to challenges.
- Ability to travel overnight (including some weekends) throughout the continental U.S. approximately 10-12 times/year.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
Salary commensurate with experience, plus health, life, short-term and long-term disability benefits and a retirement savings plan with an employer match.
Send résumé, cover letter, and salary expectations in email titled, “GRE COORDINATOR” to: email@example.com. For initial consideration, please submit applications by March 31, 2019. AFTD is an equal opportunity employer. No calls, please.