About the Organization
ClimateWorks Foundation (CWF) is a global non-governmental organization that partners with leading funders to be more strategic, efficient, and effective in their response to global climate change. The organization offers a suite of services:
- Provides a Global View: CWF aggregates, synthesizes, and presents emissions data and political, social, technical, and economic analyses in a way that offers insights for climate philanthropy. These insights help funders prioritize opportunities to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions, develop strategies that are robust under different future scenarios, adapt strategies to changing conditions, and track progress towards climate goals.
- Develops Strategies and Makes Grants:CWF collaborates with partners globally to develop portfolios of philanthropic investments designed to achieve large-scale greenhouse gas emissions reductions. With their partners, CWF evaluates insights from a wide range of sources, develops informed strategies, and clusters strategies into diversified, high-impact portfolios for philanthropic investment. CWF makes strategic grants that support transnational initiatives and organizations addressing climate change in critical parts of the world. They then monitor progress and apply candid assessments to drive learning and improvement.
- Facilitates Funder Collaboration:CWF facilitates collaboration among influential philanthropic funders—creating opportunities for them to interact with their peers, compare strategies, generate ideas, and coordinate investments that target the biggest drivers of global climate change.
As experts in climate science, public policy, economic and social analysis, and strategic philanthropy, CWF’s staff understands the multi-faceted challenges and opportunities of climate change. We are researchers, strategists, collaborators, organizers, and grantmakers who care passionately about the mission. For more information, please visit www.climateworks.org.
The ClimateWorks Finance program aims to catalyze financial and market changes that accelerate climate action. It works in partnership with the philanthropic community to pursue multi-grant transnational strategies that target specific outcomes in the capital markets and for public finance. The Finance program pursues these strategies through its own grantmaking and by convening and advising funders to foster collaboration and alignment. The program also incubates and supports nascent opportunities where finance is the lever of change.
The Grants Specialist will help ensure the effective delivery of the Finance Program’s strategic vision, with specific responsibility for a range of grants management functions and programmatic support tasks. The Grants Specialist will report to the Finance Program’s Director and work closely with its Associate Director. The position requires a detail-oriented, collaborative, and self-directed team member with strong project management skills. The Grants Specialist will serve as a liaison between the Finance program and ClimateWorks’ Grants & Contracts Administration department. The central responsibility of this role is managing the smooth processing and administration of grants and contracts and otherwise supporting the delivery of the Finance team’s programmatic strategy. The Grants Specialist will support the Finance Program and other programmatic areas as the programs team and its needs evolve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Grants and Contracts Administration
- Processing and entering data related to grants, contracts, and organizational records using shared resources such as Fluxx, Google Drive, and Salesforce
- Reviewing supporting financial, organizational, and programmatic documents (e.g., organizational budgets) for grant submissions and working with grantees to resolve issues and ensure compliance guidelines are met
- Developing and tracking metrics for grants and contracts processing
- Coordinating grantee reporting – sending report reminders, reviewing and compiling reports, and tracking submission metrics
- Providing other grants and contracts-related assistance as needed in coordination with the Program Director and Associate Director
- Acting as first point of contact for internal/external inquiries regarding grant and contract processing, awards, and amendments
Project Management and Programmatic Support
- Supporting programmatic initiatives with project management and organizational support
- Providing general support including but not limited to drafting, editing, and formatting planning and programmatic materials, supporting the development of presentations, conducting relevant programmatic research, note-taking, and related tasks
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated project management competency is essential
- Experience with database management
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and teamwork skills; ability to work across a complex globally networked organization
- Diplomacy, tact, and high standards of professional judgement
- Ability to juggle numerous competing demands and priorities, and respond quickly to management requests
- Commitment to the mission and values of ClimateWorks
- Interest in and experience with the following:
- Environmental policy
- Climate change
- Finance and economics
- Experience working and/or living outside the United States
- Experience working with non-governmental organizations
- Organizational development experience
- Grants administration experience
Compensation and Location
This position will begin as a work-from-home position, which can be done remotely. Once the COVID-19 restrictions are relaxed, the position will be located in San Francisco, CA.
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary.
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender/gender identity, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered, interested candidates must follow the link below to submit a resume and cover letter. The position will remain open until filled. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/1b61581b287d43259998e3a32809ca67
Be the first to comment
Sign in with