Youth In Need, a nonprofit child and family services agency that is dedicated to building positive futures for the community’s most vulnerable children, teens and families, is seeking a mission-driven Grants Manager. The role of the Grants Manager is responsible for managing the Development and Marketing Department’s annual cycle of foundation and corporate grants with an emphasis on developing long-term partnerships with funders through identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
Required Education and Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in English, communications, social work, public policy, public health, counseling, or related field.
- Grant writing techniques
- Willing to develop in-depth knowledge of Youth In Need programs and services
- Individual must be sensitive to the socioeconomic and cultural characteristics of the service population.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products and ability to navigate program specific software.
- Ability to be CPR certified preferred
- 2-3 years grant writing experience
- 2-3 years demonstrated experience with donor prospect research and donor relations
- Knowledge of State/Federal grants & the Missouri Common Grant Application.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
This job operates both in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
When performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and write. Must be able sit for long periods of time while at computer. Ability to lift 40 lbs. to carry supplies or donations.
Driver’s License – Required
Local travel required.
Must be insurable under Youth In Need auto liability coverage (see Employment Screening Policy).
- 401k, Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Tuition Assistance
- Starting employees receive 12 sick days, 2 weeks of vacation, paid federal holidays and 2 floating holidays.
Why come work for YIN?
- We have been voted one of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Top Workplaces every year since 2013.
- We are recognized by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services an an "exemplary program".
- We are nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation.
- We are a member of the United Way of Greater St. Louis and a recipient of its highest possible quality rating.
- YIN is a recipient of the Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance Seal of Approval and 2018 TORCH Award.
- Holds a Platinum Seal of Transparency—the highest level of recognition—from GuideStar, the world's largest source of information on nonprofit organizations.
Youth In Need serves children, young people and families of many racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and religious beliefs, and we seek a workforce that reflects that diversity. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
EEO: YIN is committed to equal opportunities for all applicants and employees without regard to ability/disability, age, ancestry, color, cultural background, faith/religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, income, marital status, national origin, political belief/affiliation, pregnancy, race, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Please apply at: https://youthinneed.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=1273605&&&nohd#
Be the first to comment
Sign in with