The Ruth Mott Foundation, based in Flint, Michigan, is a non-profit philanthropic organization offering grants and programs that serve the Greater Flint community. The Foundation also operates Applewood: The Charles Stewart Mott Estate, to demonstrate and support its mission.
Oversees the administration of grants and manages the data systems for tracking and evaluating program impact. Serves as an important resource to foundation staff and grant applicants.
- Manages, maintains and monitors the timely administration of grants, to include applications and required materials, staff recommendations, award documentation, contracting, grant/budget revisions and reporting.
- Ensures the integrity of grant records, including closing electronic and paper files to comply with IRS regulations.
- Manages, maintains and monitors the/a grants management system to meet current and changing needs of grantmaking programs.
- Develops and produces internal reports to support foundation learning and evaluation.
- Provides technical support to grantees with application and reporting.
- Responds to calls from grantees or referrals by Program Officers for budget revisions and contingency considerations. Gathers relevant information and makes recommendations to Program Officers.
- Provides in-house training and acts as a primary resource to the Program team on the grants management database; ensures cross training and documentation of grants management processes and procedures.
- Composes and answers routine correspondence and other documents related to grants management; responds to external surveys and data requests about RMF’s grantmaking.
- Works with the Director of Finance & Administration to manage the processing and tracking of grants and grant payments.
- Acts as project manager for grants database system implementation and upgrades.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required.
- Minimum five years database management experience required, preferably working with foundations.
- Ability to plan and complete large, special projects with a team.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize and work independently.
- Ability to differentiate and disseminate key information.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong team and service orientation.
- A solid understanding of, or direct experience working collaboratively with individuals from all sectors of the community and a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Highly proficient in the use of MicroEdge GIFTS & IGAM and database applications.
- Highly proficient in the use of the internet and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to push/pull, lift and carry up to 20 pounds and to reach both above and below shoulder height. Ability to sit at a computer monitor for long periods of time.
Ruth Mott Foundation recruits team members that are as economically, culturally and ethnically diverse as the community we serve. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in all its forms, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, protected genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To Apply: Email resume to [email protected] or mail to Sheryl Johnston, Ruth Mott Foundation, 111 E. Court Street, Suite 3C, Flint, MI, 48502, by. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.