Prudential has a long-standing commitment to directing financial and human resources to address critical social needs. The Office of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) leads these efforts through its philanthropy, social investments, corporate contributions and employee engagement activities. The Corporate Giving team, a unit within CSR, oversees all cash giving to nonprofit organizations. This includes strategic grant making through The Prudential Foundation and corporate contributions, which support pro-social causes that complement business interests.
Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Giving, the Grants Manager provides financial, grants management and operational support for the Corporate Giving team. He/she manages overall corporate giving budgets, ensures organizational effectiveness and compliance, helps set relevant policies and provides technical assistance to grant partners as required.
The Grants Manager represents Corporate Giving in the CSR Operations Work Group and has a matrix reporting relationship to the CSR Director of Operations. He/she also serves as the primary liaison with Prudential Comptrollers. The Grants Manager provides direct management of a Senior Grants Associate.
Core responsibilities include:
Grants/Contributions Management Ensures a transparent process for the entire grant/contribution life cycle, from request to close. This entails pre-award management, tracking payments, reviewing or producing relevant reports, monitoring and post-award management.
· Establishes standards and deadlines for requests/proposals, including required documents, fields and training on key Prudential terms and conditions for nonprofit partners.
· Manages the review of requests for completeness, and ensures compliance with organizational standards.
· Sets up and monitors grant/contributions reporting schedule.
· Manages payment and contract process.
· Reviews and approves grant award packets prior to notification of the award.
System Maintains a well functioning grants/contributions administration system to ensure timely management of the grant/contribution life cycle from request to close through a coordinated workflow.
· Maintains the fund administration system including:
o Field mapping and usage
o Workflow, including approval requirements and limits
o Ensuring forms for applications and reports are current and functional
o Incorporate best practices and ensure excellent controls
o Develop and maintain reports
o Support system maintenance, upgrades and usability testing.
Reporting/Financial Maintains and creates processes for all reporting functions including financial, impact analysis, budget/spend for Corporate Giving. Manages risk and compliance and oversees impact analysis and results reporting.
· Provides timely and accurate reports on budget/spend, impact analysis and other pre-determined reporting requirements.
· Serves as the resident expert on grant/contribution compliance and alignment with company policies ensuring compliance with IRS regulations and requirements.
· Oversees internal and external Corporate Giving audits and other compliance-related assessments.
· Complies and responds to all internal and external inquires on company giving, including industry surveys.
· Provides on-going training to program staff as it relates to fund administration and organizational policies.
- Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 3-5 years experience in a grants management related role with demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and inspire staff.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to work effectively as a team leader and collaboratively in matrix reporting structures.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail; strong project management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly with financial data and budgets.
- Experience using sophisticated grants management software is required. High level proficiency of MicroEdge GIFTS & IGAM a plus.
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [email protected] for more information about doing business with Prudential.