The William J. and Dorothy K. O’Neill Foundation is seeking a Grants Manager to coordinate and maintain all of our grantmaking administration processes, systems and data. This key role will be the technical point of contact for grant applicants and recipients; staff and members of the O’Neill family. In partnership with the staff team, the position will support and enhance the Foundation’s grantmaking through the management of day-to-day grantmaking operations using Foundant – the Foundation’s online grants management system.
The position is part time 24-30 hours per week. Additional hours may be required during peak grant cycle periods. The position can be remote from your location or on-site in Cleveland, Ohio. If remote, must be able to travel to in-person meetings in Cleveland a minimum of 4 times per year (usually 2-3 days). Professional Development opportunities provided which may also require travel to 1-2 conferences per year.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Be the expert in our organization for all things related to our on-line grants management system. This includes keeping up to date on system enhancements and improvements; participating in all training provided by the vendor and be the key point of contact with vendor.
- Manage and organize information and data from the grants process. Propose and design mechanisms to facilitate and improve staff and family member access to information and data.
- Respond to e-mail inquiries pertaining to the grants process and provide technical assistance to grant applicants.
- Compile and help analyze data from grantee reports and grant applications. Generate grant-related reports as needed by staff and O’Neill family members.
- Provide technical assistance for grant review meetings including accessing data, assembling materials, and coordinating the completion of materials from those meetings.
- Support and improve the effectiveness of the Foundation’s grantmaking operations via process improvements.
- Maintain grant records and files that adhere to legal, auditing and foundation requirements.
- Provide progress reports on the status of the grants process and grant activities based on predetermined schedules and timelines.
- Ensure integrity and quality of grant data.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience OR at least five years of related experience in the nonprofit sector, preferably in philanthropy.
- Demonstrated experience with online grants management databases and data integrity; preferably with a grant making organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and Power Point.
- Experience implementing systems and processes to increase organizational efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communications skills, as well as a professional telephone manner.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software is a plus but not necessary.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be:
- Excited about grants management, data systems and problem solving
- Comfortable working alone, with a remote team and in group settings
- A strategic, analytic thinker and problem solver
- A diplomatic communicator who is comfortable working with diverse constituencies while maintaining a high-level of discretion and confidentiality
- A strong project manager with excellent organizations skills and the flexibility to manage shifting priorities and work in a self-directed fashion
- Committed to reflecting a broad knowledge of the Foundation’s programs, practices, policies, and procedures
- Comfortable taking initiative, working alone while being a contributing team member
- Able to maintain the integrity of grants data: entering correct and complete data in grants database, helping to ensure and maintain accuracy of records; track and record changes to contacts and other organization info
- Engage in initiatives that foster team collaboration, including meetings, trainings, retreats, and special projects
Email a one-page cover letter and a resume explaining your interest and how your skills and work experience fit the position to Leslie Perkul (email@example.com).
No phone inquiries, please.