Pacific Foundation Services, LLC (PFS) is a professional services firm that manages 30 separate and independent family foundations. There are currently 30 staff members, and we employ a collegial, team approach to carry out a variety of strategic, programmatic, and administrative activities on behalf of our client foundations.
PFS is looking for a highly skilled administrative professional to work as a team with executive and program staff to serve multiple foundation clients. The Grants Manager is a critical member of the team and works to ensure the smooth operation of each client foundation. The Grants Manager is often the first point of contact for foundation boards; therefore, excellent customer service skills are required in addition to strong organizational skills and teamwork. The position is full-time (40 hours per week), nonexempt, and reports to the Vice President of Administration.
- Coordinate grantmaking tasks between program, finance and other administrative staff so that all foundation activities are smoothly implemented;
- Coordinate communication among grantees, program officers, and board members, including responding to mail, email and telephone inquiries
- Maintain foundation websites with up-to-date content;
- Plan and coordinate foundation calendars and timelines, including meeting schedules, application submission deadlines, and internal deadlines
- With program staff, coordinate board and committee meetings, including managing all meeting logistics;
- Prepare and copy edit board meeting materials in collaboration with program staff, compile and distribute board dockets;
- Take meeting minutes;
- Process grant applications by reviewing online submissions for completeness and accuracy;
- Provide technical support to applicants, collect grantee feedback, make recommendations and implement changes as needed to ensure a smooth and accessible application process;
- Maintain foundation grant records in the database, including tracking grantee payments and reporting requirements;
- Produce and distribute declination letters, award letters and payments to grantees;
- Create and maintain physical and electronic files;
- With Finance team, provide requested grant-related information for annual audits;
- Analyze applicant and foundation grantmaking histories and prepare charts and reports for board members, program staff, and outside organizations (e.g. Foundation Center) as needed;
- Participate in Grants Management team meetings and professional development opportunities to stay up-to-date on developments in the field and compliance requirements;
- Provide assistance to program staff and board members as needed;
- Undertake special projects as assigned or initiated.
- Manage office supplies (inventory and ordering);
- Manage office petty cash fund;
- Supervise maintenance of all office equipment and ensure they are in good working order;
- Manage relationships with office vendors;
- Supervise maintenance of reception area, copy room, and conference rooms;
- Assist with facilities management as needed;
- Assist Vice President of Administration with special projects as assigned.
Skills and Attributes Needed
- BA/BS or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of three years’ substantive administrative experience. Experience in philanthropy and/or the nonprofit sector preferred;
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and the tenacity to see tasks through to completion in an accurate and thoughtful manner;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work independently, as well as with others, in a collaborative, often fast-paced, team environment;
- Excellent customer service skills with emphasis on respectful and tactful communications;
- Strong interpersonal skills, tolerance, flexibility, and humor;
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including proofreading and copy editing;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and discretion about confidential matters.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Proven advanced experience with Microsoft Office and database programs;
- Demonstrated interest in the Bay Area community and the nonprofit sector;
PFS has offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, and Santa Rosa. This position will be based in the Palo Alto office, and will require occasional travel to the San Francisco office and regular travel to a client’s Menlo Park office.
PFS offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, salary requirements, and a resume to:
Fiona Barrett, Vice President of Administration
E-mail: [email protected]
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!
Pacific Foundation Services is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, military service, legally protected medical condition or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.