Are you an experienced development professional, with demonstrated success in full cycle grant management? Are you adept at turning a $100,000, multi-year grant into a $500,000 multi-year grant at renewal? Are you seeking an opportunity to build and lead a dynamic team? If so, our growing development wants to hear from you!
The International Living Future Institute (ILFI) seeks an experienced Grants Manager to conduct grant research and write funding proposals to local, regional, federal, and international government agencies and private foundations. The Grants Manager will be able to write persuasively about ILFI’s mission and will be responsible for preparing interim and final reports, managing grant calendars. They will be coordinating with appropriate staff to gather information needed to develop and report on funding requests. A successful candidate will be able to develop, plan and forecast a grants strategy for the organization. They will be able to take ownership and initiative to ensure high-quality and timely results.
This position is located in the Seattle office. Compensation is commensurate with experience and is supplemented by ILFI’s generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and employee life insurance, 403(b) retirement matching (US), three weeks of paid annual leave and twelve days of annual sick leave.
The International Living Future Institute (ILFI)’s mission is to catalyze the transformation toward communities that are culturally rich, socially just and ecologically restorative. The organization believes providing a compelling vision for the future is a fundamental requirement for reconciling humanity’s relationship with the natural world.
More than a decade ago, the International Living Future Institute issued a challenge: use the built environment to create a revolutionary transformation towards true sustainability. Since then, ILFI has continued to grow our visionary programs, challenging architects, engineers, designers, manufacturers, contractors, and communities to change the course of climate change and share in building a living future through educating, setting standards, research and creating innovative tools.
The International Living Future Institute is a dynamic, growing organization aspiring to be a leader with a formidable reputation for integrity, action and measurable results. ILFI offers a collaborative, team-oriented and mission-driven workplace. ILFI has offices in Seattle, WA and Pittsburgh, PA as well as additional remote staff across the country and in Canada. ILFI also operates globally with affiliate entities in Australia and Europe.
- Write, revise and submit grant applications, working with the CEO, Chief Development Officer (CDO) and other staff as appropriate
- Manage timelines and ensure submissions meet all requirements
- Identify grant opportunities in coordination with CDO from government organizations, private foundations, corporate foundations, family foundations, and other organizations
- Develop and recommend a grant writing strategy
- Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing funders
- Initiate funder research, send inquires, and submit letters of intent as needed Create and submit reports demonstrating use of funds and program outcomes
- Collect supplementary materials to complete grant requests, interim and final reports
- Proofread proposals and other communications for improved clarity and to correct any spelling or grammatical errors
- Follow up on request approvals and denials
- Maintain organized records using Salesforce CRM and other internal tracking systems
- Familiarize yourself with ILFI’s programs, goals and financial needs
- Develop relationships with programs staff in the development and leadership of grant proposal teams
- Adhere to ILFI’s Vision and Mission and maintain proficient knowledge of its history and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3-5+ years of grant-writing experience Demonstrated success securing and managing multi-year six to eight figure grants and renewals in multiple channels
- Comfortable managing deadlines, prioritizing work in a fast-paced environment, and producing quality results with great attention to detail
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills
- Effective working with individuals at all levels of an organization – internally and externally
- Previous experience working with high net worth donors
- Demonstrated experience or familiarity with grant forecasting and strategy
- Experience with online databases, funding resources, and other sources for prospect research
- Ability to communicate confidently with funders, through writing and over the phone
- Previous supervisory experience in a development role desired
- Affinity for basic office computer programs with the ability to learn new software applications, including Salesforce, in a Mac-based environment
- Familiarity with funders focused on the environmental, social justice, and affordable housing helpful
- A strong passion for and commitment to ILFI’s mission as a whole
ILFI IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe that our staff should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live in order to achieve a living future that is socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative. We are committed to hiring and advancing staff that represents voices from traditionally underrepresented populations.
Submit a resume, cover letter, and three writing samples to [email protected] Please use the subject line: “Last Name, First Name – Grants Manager”
We will begin reviewing applications on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled