The Grants Management Consultant will collaborate with executive, programmatic, and operations staff to develop and implement the grants management strategies required for the Alliance to achieve its goals.
Each Alliance member foundation pays dues, typically via multi-year grants. The consultant will have the primary day-to-day contact with the grants administrators and other relevant staff for our member foundations. Major areas of responsibility include:
- Serve as a key point of contact for foundation staff responsible for handling grants and dues payments; develop and maintain excellent relationships and coordinate activity with members’ grants staff and respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Attend and actively participate in periodic grant -related meetings and conference calls, both internal with Alliance staff and with members.
- Draft and submit grant proposals, invoices, renewal requests, and accompanying documentation to member foundations.
- Draft and submit grant reports and accompanying documentation to members.
- Request grant modifications and extensions when necessary.
Systems and Administration
- Work proactively with program staff to understand needs, challenges and solicit ideas for program innovation.
- Coordinate grant compliance and reporting responsibilities with finance, human resources, and program including program outcome data, due diligence documentation submission and fiscal reports.
- Develop guidance, templates, and toolkits to ensure timely submission of narrative and financial reports.
- Contribute to cross-functional initiatives to streamline workflows and grant tracking and administration
- Procure and coordinate a grant management system
- Conduct systems training to contribute to organizational learning
- Update and maintain accurate contact list for relevant staff at each foundation
- Maintain submissions and receivables calendar and track status and reporting requirements of grants and invoices and provide strategic advice regarding development strategy
- Maintain schedules and copies of critical organizational information and documents.
- Keep abreast of national dialogue/ initiatives related to boys and men of color
- Participate in regular internal meetings w/ Alliance staff & consultants
- Participate in external meetings w/ partner organizations as needed
TBD, but will include grant proposals, reports, and memoranda re: development strategy
Interested parties should submit the following:
- A proposal, not to exceed five pages and to include a proposed consulting plan containing the following:
- Contact information
- Resumes for all relevant team members.
- Project description/approach/scope of work, including a detailedbudget for a one year assignment (12 months)
- References, with contact information (preferably clients within the last two years)
Proposals are due by Friday, February 24, 2017 to [email protected].
The selected consultant will be notified by March 17, 2017.
Consultant’s work will begin March 27, 2017.
Any questions regarding this RFP should be directed Dannese Mapanda at [email protected]
The Grants Management Consultant must be an empathetic, resourceful, and highly responsible individual (or set of individuals) with a high degree of professionalism, a strong work ethic, and a flexible and collaborative spirit. Ability to navigate and perform at a high level through ambiguous and dynamic contexts is essential, along with the ability to coordinate strategic processes and strong project management skills. A commitment to racial justice at the intersection of gender, intellectual curiosity, and ongoing professional development and growth are essential.
The ideal candidate would have relationships with and experience communicating with foundation grant administrators and staff. Experience with the philanthropic sector is essential. We also are interested in candidates who demonstrate alternative qualifications and capabilities for achieving our organizational goals. Returning citizens and people directly impacted by the Alliance’s mission are encouraged to apply.
- At least three years experience managing grants processes (grant proposal writing, grant reporting, grant tracking, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience developing grant proposals and reports
- Previous foundation, grants management or management experience
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using technology and systems to communicate
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple assignments
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Raiser’s Edge, etc.
- Highly organized, responsible, even-tempered, and extremelydetail-oriented, with high standards of performance
- Personable, engaging presence, with diplomacy, tact and good humor
- Willingness to take initiative to solve problems
Be the first to comment
Sign in with