Wellspring Philanthropic Fund seeks a Grants Management Associate for its Washington, DC office. The Associate will work under the direction of the DC-based Director of Grants Management and will be a frontline provider of the grants management function in support of a selection of program areas. The Grants Management Associate is a vital member of Wellspring’s operations unit, charged with monitoring a subset of grants for legal compliance and adherence to Wellspring’s internal guidelines while maintaining supportive relationships with grantee partners and contributing to the GM team as a whole.
HOW TO APPLY:
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund has partnered with RCG Talent Solutions on their search for a Grants Manager Associate in Washington, DC. Interested candidates should apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Wellspring - DC” in the subject line. RCG Talent Solutions will review all applicants and, upon qualification, contact you to determine next steps.
- Frontline responsibility for the grants management life-cycle of a subset of grants and related information management
- Confirm accuracy of grant entries in the grants management database (GivingData) for details such as purpose, projected grant amount, payment disbursement dates, etc.
- Confirm grant applicant legal status and appropriate grant structure prior to inviting applications
- Invite applications for funding on behalf of the program staff, communicating all necessary requirements and deadlines to the applicant
- Receive and file grant application materials in the grants management database and digital filing
- Review all grant applications for completeness and adherence to legal requirements and internal grantmaking guidelines, for both domestic and international grants including but not limited to lobbying restrictions and OFAC regulations
- Conduct due diligence reviews of applicants’ organizational and financial capacity
- Manage communication with grantees regarding grant materials: missing application items, budget issues, etc., as well as answering questions about the application/grantmaking process.
- Assign proposal review deadlines and
- Review grant reports in grants management database, and notify the appropriate program staff of next steps
- Coordinate with assigned program staff on grant and budget planning throughout the year
- Answer questions about the foundation’s grantmaking process and compliance needs from program staff and leadership, as well as grantees and other external partners.
- Assist in training staff and grantees as needed on technology or policy issues and procedure changes that affect them.
- Prepare reports on grantmaking activity, as requested.
- Work with Grants Management department on implementation of the department’s strategic plan, including technology and process enhancement.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree or relevant experience; minimum three years of work experience within the non-profit/philanthropy sector, (preferably in a grants management function).
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to relate effectively to potential grantees and other non-profit professionals, staff, trustees and consultants.
- Pleasant and supportive phone and interpersonal manner, customer service-oriented work philosophy.
- Knowledge of relevant IRS grantmaking regulations.
- Experience with international grantmaking, including expenditure responsibility and OFAC compliance requirements.
- Strong computer skills, including proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite and experience with database and internet applications.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and follow through to effectively manage work and meet multiple tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong research and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information with complete discretion.
- Positive attitude, sense of humor and a commitment to being part of an energetic, demanding work environment that requires flexibility.
- An understanding and value of social justice, including racial and gender equity as an organizational operating principle – and commitment to continued learning on issues related to race, gender, diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
- Spanish language proficiency preferred
- Knowledge of digital security (including recognition of phishing/spoofing attempts) a plus
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The team member may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary range: $65-$70,000 based on experience. Wellspring offers a very generous benefits package including payment of 100% of the health insurance premiums for employees (and 80% of the premiums for spouses, domestic partners and qualified family members). Wellspring also offers other benefits including life insurance, long‐term disability protection, a group 401(k) retirement plan (with an employer match), support for continuing education, up to $5,250 in annual student loan repayment or college savings assistance for qualified dependents and is committed to providing transgender‐inclusive healthcare.
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund is a private grantmaking foundation dedicated to advancing the realization of human rights and social and economic justice for all people. Wellspring has offices in New York, NY, and Washington, DC. Wellspring’s work is rooted in respect for the dignity and worth of every human being and is informed by the following beliefs:
- Social institutions and structures should promote the full realization of human rights and human potential and should be accountable to these ends.
- The rights of all people are advanced when the rights of the most marginalized and vulnerable peoples are protected.
- Social justice movements should employ means that are consistent with their ideals and should give agency to the people whose interests they seek to advance.
- As responsible stewards, we must strive to maximize the impact of our charitable investments.
As a private foundation, Wellspring’s key functions are to conduct research and education tailored to our mission; manage a grantmaking portfolio of various programs, administer grants and monitoring grantee performance; and work to promote the effectiveness of programs that receive donor funding.
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund believes we are strengthened by the diversity of our staff, and welcomes such diversity including race, gender identity or expression, educational attainment, disability, veteran status, and personal experience with the criminal justice system. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and we strongly encourage people of color and persons with disabilities to apply. We actively cultivate an institutional culture that reflects the values of respect, equity and inclusion that we seek through our work to amplify in the larger world.
Wellspring hires, promotes and retains employees based on their professional qualifications, demonstrated abilities and work performance, as well as on the degree to which these qualities are required in the employment positions made available by the Foundation’s service needs and business requirements. All personnel decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, discipline and discharge, are made without discrimination based on any protected characteristic as defined by law (e.g., race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, domestic partner status, veteran or military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, and prior criminal convictions, as well as educational attainment.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with