As the largest private foundation in the State of Rhode Island with $400M in assets and making nearly $20M in grants annually, The Champlin Foundation values the quiet and steadfast approach that has been its hallmark. The Foundation is in an exciting and unique time of transition as it begins to innovate its internal processes, much of which will be central to the work of this newly created position of Grants Management Associate.
Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the Director of Grant Administration, the Associate will provide administrative support to all aspects of foundation grant management, with primary responsibility to manage the day-to-day administration of the grants management system (GMS) including maintenance and oversight of workflow processes and procedures, and reporting of grants data and statistics. The Foundation receives upward of 400 applications a year, making roughly 200 grant awards.
Salary: $60,000 range
Start Date: February 19, 2019
Full Time, Exempt Employee
Among the Primary Responsibilities:
Primary Administrator of Grants Management System (GMS) - Foundant
- Maintains Foundant online application dashboards, forms, templates, reports, and data structure
- Trains foundation staff and Committee members in its use; troubleshoots as necessary
- Provides technical assistance and support related to online application process to applicants and grantees
Grant Application Processing
- Assists in monitoring grants management workflow processes and procedures; oversees quality control of data to ensure accurate and efficient reporting
- Assists Executive Director and Director of Grant Administration in development, writing, maintenance of all grant management policies and procedures; responsible for online implementation of such policies and procedures
- Produces data summaries, grant statistics, reports and analysis, as needed, for the Executive Director and other staff, Distribution Committee, and Trustee
Application Review & Evaluation Process
- Schedules, coordinates and occasionally participates in site visits and application related meetings for Executive Director, Director of Grant Administration, and Distribution Committee
- Assists in preparation of materials and reports for Distribution Committee
General Office Support
- Provides general administrative support when called upon to do so including telephone coverage, assisting with mailings; formatting, proofreading, and copy-editing written materials; and meeting setup, etc.
- Technologically savvy, Microsoft Office proficient, experience with grants management or similar database/CRM software systems essential
- Experience with Foundant a plus; ability to represent data graphically desirable
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in relevant sector – nonprofit, philanthropy, government, higher education, or in a position with relevant job responsibilities
- College Degree, Certification or Credentials supportive of expected competencies
- Strong customer service acumen; excellent interpersonal and communications skills and ability to perform effectively in a small work environment
- Documented ability to write appropriate business correspondence and reports
- General understanding of the nonprofit business model; knowledge of Rhode Island’s nonprofit sector a plus
- Ability to objectively analyze a situation, evaluate pros & cons of any course of action
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multitask and manage numerous projects/deadlines at one time
- High energy, innate curiosity and willingness to learn
To see a full job description visit Champlin Foundation website “In the News” page.
How To Apply
To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and list of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5:00 pm, Friday, February 1, 2019. Use the subject line: Grant Management Associate. Submit Microsoft Word or PDF files only please. Only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Interviews will begin in mid-January and be finished by mid-February.