Choosing a career with ECMC Group means joining a nonprofit corporation with a mission to help students succeed. With a vibrant mission and values, great benefits, and strong community involvement, ECMC Group companies are an ideal team to join.
ECMC Foundation is a Los Angeles-based, nationally focused foundation whose mission is to inspire and to facilitate improvements that affect educational outcomes—especially among underserved populations—through evidence-based innovation. It is one of several affiliates under the ECMC Group enterprise based in Minneapolis. ECMC Foundation makes investments in two focus areas: College Success and Career Readiness; and uses a spectrum of funding structures, including traditional grantmaking and program-related investments, to invest in both non-profit and for-profit ventures. Working with grantees, partners and peers, ECMC Foundation’s vision is to unlock all learners’ fullest potential. Learn more about ECMC Foundation by visiting www.ecmcfoundation.org and ECMC Group by visiting www.ecmcgroup.org
The Grants Associate will undertake a range of tasks, including grant processing, database and record maintenance, data management and analysis, and technical assistance provision to the Foundation’s program team. The Grants Associate will assist with all regular and annual Foundation reporting, as well as assist in measuring the impact of the Foundation’s grantmaking and alignment with the Foundation’s theory of change. Thorough and effective attention to this process allows ECMC Foundation to meet its commitments to grantees and fulfill its mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute the Foundation’s grantmaking processes, including but not limited to: accepting new letters of inquiry, updating proposal and reporting guidelines, preparing grant award letters and grant agreements, requesting checks, documenting grant modifications, and closing out grants at the end of the grant period
- Process Foundation’s gifts and sponsorships by confirming all required documentation is received, entering necessary data into the Foundation’s database, and coordinating communication with the award recipient
- Maintain Fluxx grants management database, recordkeeping and filing systems to ensure accurate grants calendar, scheduling and tracking of grant activities and deadlines, as well as grant files and financial and tax status documents are in good order
- Provide links between program, finance, information technology and other staff to ensure Foundation activities are smoothly implemented; provide Fluxx training and technical assistance to Foundation staff as needed
- Produce regular and special reports of grant activity including written and data illustrations to quantify and summarize findings for use in internal and external communications
- Review and refine portfolio outcomes and indicators periodically and collect and analyze data to help inform grantmaking strategies and guide Foundation learnings
- Support the development and implementation of third-party evaluation to build evidence of the impact of Foundation grants and program strategies, and allow for continuous learning by grantees and ECMC Foundation
- Support the program team and Foundation leadership in the compilation of materials for Board of Directors’ consideration and approval
- Provide support for the Foundation’s employee engagement programs
- Assist other ECMC Foundation staff and work as a member of cross-functional teams to ensure the effective and efficient operations of ECMC Foundation
- Ensure compliance with IRS regulations
- Comply with all ECMC Group Policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Associate Degree or equivalent knowledge and analytical skills
- Experience with data management and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 2-3 years related work experience in complex data systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Excellent word processing, database, and spreadsheet software skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to recommend program and operational changes to create more effective and efficient processes.
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, control and prioritize work/projects. Manages conflicting priorities and handles multiple tasks/projects concurrently. Takes direction, works independently, and makes decisions to achieve goals.
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex data and communicate progress to appropriate stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver on commitments as promised, acknowledge when commitments are not met, and take appropriate steps to fulfill what has been promised.
- Promotes high standards of ethical conduct and behaviors consistent with organizational standards.
- Displays a sense of humor, flexibility, and the ability to contribute to a collegial, respectful, and supportive office environment.
- Reports to – Director of Grants Management and Strategic Initiatives
- Direct Reports – None (with the possible exception for interns and/or consultants)
Office: Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office environment that requires normal safety precautions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Sedentary work: Job involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing etc. may be minimally required.
Rarely if at all – less 10% of the time.
ADDITIONAL PERTINENT INFORMATION
- Required to work normal hours to successfully perform the job responsibilities
- May need to work nights and weekends to complete assignments
- Frequently subjected to interruptions, multiple calls and inquiries
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
- Must be able and willing to travel to out-of-state sites, as required
- Employee works in an office environment
- Punctuality and satisfactory attendance are essential functions of the job
To apply, please click the following link: https://basecamp.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ECMC/job/Los-Angeles-CA/Grants-Associate_R1882