Pacific Foundation Services, LLC (PFS) is a professional services firm that manages over 30 separate and independent family foundations. We provide whatever a foundation needs to operate optimally, including strategic advice, board support, grantmaking programs, compliance, financial management and a physical home. With a current staff of 30, we value competence and camaraderie and work together to make the most of our collective experience. We thrive on collaboration and share our talents to provide top-level service to our clients.
We are looking for an enthusiastic administrative support professional to join the team. The Grants Assistant is responsible for supporting grants management and administrative activities for Pacific Foundation Services. The Grants Assistant will be responsible for the completion of grants management tasks as well as ensuring the smooth functioning of the administrative and office systems. The position is full-time (37.5 hours per week), non-exempt, and reports to the Senior Grants Manager.
- Support grants mangers with administrative tasks related to compliance, generating grant documents, and mailing agreements and payments;
- Maintain grantmaking information in database and other systems as directed by Senior Grants Manager;
- Accurately input and process grant information;
- Take meeting minutes;
- Provide technical support to applicants;
- Maintain files;
- Assist with maintenance of client websites, including updating content in an accurate and timely fashion;
- Update and maintain meeting schedules;
- Respond to mail, email, and telephone inquiries;
- Coordinate meeting logistics for both on-site and off-site meetings, including renting space and catering services as needed, travel arrangements, and preparing meeting materials;
- Participate in Grants Management team meetings and professional development opportunities to stay up-to-date on developments in the field and compliance requirements;
- Provide assistance to staff as needed
Administrative Support and Office Management
- Make preparations for and receive visitors
- Answer general phone calls;
- Sort and distribute office mail;
- Draft routine correspondence;
- Supervise maintenance of reception area, kitchen, and conference rooms;
- Manage office and kitchen supplies (inventory and ordering) and maintain supply budget;
- Oversee maintenance and troubleshoot office equipment and ensure they are in good working order;
- Order catering for meetings as needed;
- Special projects as assigned.
Skills and Attributes Needed:
- At least two years’ experience in administrative support. Nonprofit experience and/or experience in philanthropy a plus.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Proven attention to detail;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work independently, as well as with others, in a collaborative, often fast-paced, team environment;
- Excellent customer service skills with emphasis on respectful and tactful communications;
- Strong interpersonal skills, tolerance, flexibility, and humor;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong information technology skills, including proven advanced experience with Microsoft Office and database programs;
- Demonstrated commitment to PFS values of generosity, respect, integrity, inclusion, commitment and humility;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and discretion about confidential matters.
PFS has offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, and Santa Rosa. This position will be based in the San Francisco office.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $65,000 DOE
Benefits: Include medical, dental, vision, Section 125 plan, 401K retirement, Commuter Checks and more
Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, salary requirements, and a resume to:
Fiona Barrett, Vice President of Administration
E-mail: [email protected]
Application Deadline: July 25, 2018
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!
Pacific Foundation Services is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment and our company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service, legally protected medical condition or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
All final candidates must provide three relevant employment references, and be able to verify the right to work in the United States
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with