About the Skoll Foundation
The Skoll Foundation was created by Jeff Skoll in 1999 to pursue his vision of a more peaceful, prosperous, and sustainable world. The mission of the Skoll Foundation is to drive large-scale change by investing in, connecting, and celebrating social entrepreneurs and the innovators who help them solve the world’s most pressing problems. Social entrepreneurs are society’s change agents – creators of innovations that disrupt the status quo and transform our world for the better. By identifying the people and programs already enacting positive change throughout the world, the Foundation empowers them to extend their reach, deepen their impact, and fundamentally improve society.
The Grants and Operations Assistant is an integral member of the Grants Management (GM) unit within Finance and Operations department and works collaboratively with other departments. The position assists in carrying out the goals of the GM unit that supports the Foundation’s mission and strategic program goals by managing grantmaking operations, systems, and data. The position is non-exempt and will report to the Director of Grants Management.
- Maintain accurate contacts, organization, and grant records in Salesforce/FoundationConnect.
- Review and organize documents and folders according to the file naming convention.
- Generate correspondence related to awards, reports, payments and other grant-related matters.
- Prepare file, check names, and resolve potential matches on Bridger Insight for anti-terrorism compliance.
- Facilitate grants payment process and ensure documentation of completed payments for new and subsequent payments.
- Assist in monitoring and following-up on grants pipeline, grantee reports, overdue reports, and payments.
- Generate standard Salesforce and FoundationConnect reports to enable program planning and budgeting.
- Verify information on audit confirmation letters from grantees.
- Serve as a liaison and information resource for colleagues and grantees.
Operations and other
- Prepare, submit and file invoices; prepare checks for signing and mail them; and other responsibilities as needed.
- Provide foundation-wide support as a member of the Core Administrative Team.
- Support other projects as assigned.
The Skoll Foundation seeks a team player who gets things done with optimism. The ideal candidate will have a pragmatic, flexible work style, and willingness to learn and work on various tasks. The Grants and Operations Assistant must be resourceful and able to prioritize assignments, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines. A collaborative nature, customer-service orientation, attention to details, and sound judgment are also important characteristics. Familiarity with private foundation grantmaking and accounting is highly desired.
The Candidate should have a minimum of two years of full-time work experience and a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent project management, verbal, and written communication skills are imperative. The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and able to quickly learn and consistently utilize software such as Salesforce and Microsoft Office 365.
Please send your resume and a cover letter expressing your passion for the mission and your fit for the role to [email protected] by April 26, 2019. Please type “Grants and Operations Assistant” in the subject line of your email. We will contact qualified applicants.
The Skoll Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.