The Fidelity Foundations are a group of private, non-operating foundations that fund a diverse set of programs on a national scale, with particular focus on Boston and New England. In addition, the Foundations fund nonprofit organizations that strengthen the primary communities in which Fidelity Investments employees live and work. The Foundations’ values of responsibility, integrity, compassion, and expertise guide its investments in education, arts and culture, health, conservation, and community services.
The Foundations support organizations at significant points in their growth, with the goal of adding lasting, measurable value. Grants focus on capacity-building and are designed to encourage the highest standards of management. The Foundations seek to support initiatives that enable nonprofits to reach new levels of achievement.
The Foundations’ grantmaking approach is through quiet giving, in which publicity is not sought, confidentiality is critical, and most grants are awarded anonymously. For more information, please visit www.fidelityfoundation.org.
The Grant Administrator is an essential member of the Fidelity Foundations team and works closely with program, operations, finance and other teams. The position will report to the Director of Grants Management and intersect with all staff members. Duties include facilitating and tracking the progression of proposals and grants as they go through various stages of vetting. The incumbent will be in contact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and thus a service-oriented attitude and professional demeanor is critical. The successful candidate will be a motivated, flexible problem-solver who thrives in a complex, fast-paced environment. S/he be highly organized and capable of working under tight timelines. S/he should also have strong communication and collaborative skills. Furthermore, s/he should be committed to the values of the Foundations and have a high-level of integrity, ethical rigor and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Process incoming applications, including performing due diligence and routing applications to Program staff via an automated workflow
- Invite proposals and process declinations
- Support processing of grant payments
- Generate ad-hoc reports
- Assist with maintenance of forms and templates
- Contribute to data integrity and quality assurance of the grants management database
- Monitor Grant Administration email box and coordinate prompt responses to inquiries with the team
- Participate in efforts related to the development and continuous improvement of grant operations
- Support execution of workflows and processes with grantees, across Foundation offices, and Trustees
- Provide back up to the Senior Grant Administrator as required
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Will consider applicants with equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 2+ years of work experience in a professional environment
PREFFERED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE:
- Flexible team player who is service-oriented and collaborative, with high-level interpersonal skills
- Experience with grants administration and financial processes preferred
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Sound judgment, integrity and respect for confidentiality are absolute requirements
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency with MS Office and strong aptitude to learn other software systems. Previous experience in Blackbaud Grantmaking preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including phone and editing skills
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with all levels of co-workers, including assistants, staff, and senior management
Please follow instructions online here: https://www.idealist.org/en/nonprofit-job/9751320deaf8463eafc1eee13628d7f8-grant-administrator-fidelity-foundations-boston
This position is based in Boston, MA. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. To be considered for this position you must submit a cover letter and resume.