For 30 years, Rainforest Action Network (RAN) has campaigned for the forests, their inhabitants and the natural systems that sustain life. In coalition with Indigenous communities and allies from around the world, RAN uses non-violent direct action, grassroots organizing, education, and strategic communications to challenge corporations to stop destructive operations, respect human rights, and adopt comprehensive policies that reduce their contributions to global warming.
RAN is seeking a highly motivated and reliable individual to join the fundraising team as a Data and Gift Assistant. This position is primarily responsible for timely and efficient processing of donations, creating and maintaining accurate donor records, and donation data entry. Under the supervision of the Database Administrator, the ideal candidate will be an integral member of the team and will be a detail-oriented individual who thrives in the non-profit environment, is comfortable with CRM software, and is a collaborative team player in a mission-driven organization. This position will be located at RAN’s main office in San Francisco.
- Timely Gift Entry and Acknowledgement - Prepare and enter all direct mail donations received in office and from bank; download and enter online donations from outside merchants, including eCRM, matching gift portals and social media channels; generate and mail gift acknowledgement receipts; make updates to records with any changes to donor information.
- Data Management and Upkeep - Responsible for reviewing RAN’s donor data; coordinate, manage and maintain Raiser’s Edge components (constituent database, fundraising and gift data, records, features, etc.); coordinate integration between donor database and RAN’s eCRM software; add new constituent records to database as needed, analyze information and populate all appropriate data fields according to data entry standards; support annual audit of database and manage subsequent data-related clean up.
- Reporting - Build exports of constituent information for various uses such as newsletters, direct mail and online appeals, and event invitations.
- Work closely with the Database Administrator and Finance and Accounting staff to reconcile finances and ensure solid accounting and record-keeping for all revenue streams and complete monthly audits of data.
- As needed, respond to donor requests and membership updates (solicitation changes, sustainer updates, donations, donor info updates, etc), and follow up on failed one time and recurring donations
- Experience in data management using Raiser’s Edge or comparable fundraising software, online CRM’s, importing software, and donor-facing web programs required
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel) and Google applications
- Ability to responsibly handle cash, credit cards, PayPal and wire transfers
- Strong project and time management skills; detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects while adapting to shifting priorities
- Team player with commitment to collaborating with peers, and supporting departmental and organizational well-being and values
- An entrepreneurial nature that combines curiosity and creativity with a strong interest in data, a learning attitude, analytical skills and technological savvy
- Interest in RAN’s mission, environmental issues, human rights and racial justice is a plus
Racial Justice: RAN strives to integrate values of equity and fairness into our work, which includes bringing an intentional racial justice analysis to our programmatic work and organizational structure. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world. RAN provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities while also staying committed to providing accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. We encourage applicants of color to apply for this position.
The salary for this position is $50,000 - $53,000 based off a competitive San Francisco Bay Area Non-profit location, The final salary will be determined based on the candidate experience & overall qualifications.
Benefits include full health coverage for the employee and their partner/family (plus an employer
funded HSA), VSP & dental insurance, 4 weeks PTO (increases to 5 weeks after 2 years), and a Simple IRA retirement plan with a 3% fully vesting employer match. Additionally, after 5 years, staff are eligible for a 3 month fully paid sabbatical.
How to Apply:
Please apply directly to the link below
Supervisor: Emily Selzer
Status: Non-Exempt, Salaried Benefited position
Location: San Francisco
Be the first to comment
Sign in with