The Fund Development Assistant (FDA) plays an important role at 2Life Communities by providing clerical and administrative support to the Fund Development Department that encompasses Fundraising, Communications, and Events. The FDA will provide support to the entire department in those three areas, and will be integral to the team’s success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Working under the direct supervision of the Annual Fund Manager, the FDA will update and maintain accurate and complete donor records. Updates biographical data, logs donor interactions and activities, and other information in donor base. Also supports the donor acknowledgement process, producing thank you letters and in memory/honor of cards.
- Assists in the preparation of reports and materials as needed for Fund Development staff including Fund Development Committee meetings, donor solicitation packages, etc.
- Assists in the scheduling and coordination of meetings across the department.
- Conducts preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors, and when appropriate, writes applications for sponsorship or funding.
- Assists with the annual gala and other events, e.g., groundbreakings, donor cultivation events. Responsibilities may include the coordination and printing of event materials, such as program books, the creation of accurate guest lists, and support in the dissemination/mailing of event collateral.
- Updates website content.
- Working under the direct supervision of the Director of Communications, provides support in the areas of social media, email lists, and “blasts”, photography, organization event coverage, photo archiving, etc.
- Performs other duties as may be required for Fund Development and 2Life Communities.
- Maintains the confidentiality and security of all data consistent with the Massachusetts Data Security Law.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Preferred candidate will have 6-12 months of related work or volunteer experience in fund raising, special events coordination, writing, general office and/or database administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a good telephone manner.
- Comfortable and poised in interacting with donors, board members, and senior management.
- Ability to be patient and polite in dealing with older adults other constituents.
- Exceptionally detail-oriented, organized and highly productive with excellent editing/proof reading skills, spelling and grammar.
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and be flexible in managing the daily demands of the role, and not be rattled by changing priorities and schedules.
- Willingness to provide administrative and clerical support to entire fund development team, and be adept at taking and writing up notes from conversations and meetings.
- Capable of quickly learning and developing proficiency with fundraising software used to track all fund development activities.
- Very proficient with MS Word and proficient with MS Excel, with aptitude for numbers and data entry.
- Must be a creative thinker and problem solver and be willing to work as an integral team member in a collaborative manner
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Normal office environment.
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume by email to [email protected]; by fax to (617) 912-8469, or by mail to Human Resources, 2Life Communities, 30 Wallingford Road, Brighton, MA 02135.
For further information about 2Life Communities and its Brighton Campus, see our website at www.2lifecommunities.org.
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with