Job title: Full Stack Engineer (Node.js, React, MongoDB)
Duration: 6 months
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Contractor
JustFund is seeking a Full Stack Engineer who has experience working on Node.js applications. JustFund was developed in 2017 by a group of foundations and donors in order to move resources, more quickly to grassroots organizations around the country. We provide a way for hundreds of funders to connect to thousands of grassroots organizations.
You will work with our development team and organizational staff to build, test, and deploy a Node.js website that is designed for both funders and organizations who are committed to social justice work.
JustFund is a fiscally-sponsored project of Proteus Fund. This position is a full-time six-month contract with the possibility of growing into a year-long contract. We are a remote team with staff in Los Angeles, Oakland, and New York. We are looking for individuals who can successfully work in a remote team, with some working hours overlapping with Pacific Time.
- Build, test, and deploy new features. For example:
- Domain specific SPA pages, using React components
- Reporting and visualization pages
- Language localization
- Implement cybersecurity / reliability measures
- Accurately implement design mockups following modern best practices (mobile-first, responsive, accessible, etc)
- Apply security updates regularly and in a timely manner
- Create and maintain inline code documentation, as well as high level documentation for non-technical stakeholders
- Collaborate with our members of the development team on various projects
- Collaborate with a small team of visionary leaders who have extensive experience in the non-profit and philanthropy world
- Experience architecting and implementing secure Node.js web applications
- Experience with MongoDB, Expressjs, and Sendgrid
- Strong front-end design implementation skills (modern CSS, mobile-first, responsive design, accessibility)
- Well-versed using Git for version control and site deployment
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and ability to take direction
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced start-up environment with evolving priorities
- Background in UX design/web design
- Experience deploying on Heroku
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and/or automated testing for Node.js
- Familiar with AWS S3
- Familiar with Yarn
Email [email protected] with subject line: Full Stack Engineer by Friday, Jan 31st, 2020. Please include a few sentences about why you think this position is a good fit for you, include your resume, and/or links to your GitHub or other projects that you’ve been a full stack engineer on. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Three references will be requested as application process progresses.
We believe that one of the great strengths of the community is the rich diversity of its residents and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and consultants. Our policies and practices reflect our commitment to nondiscrimination in all areas of employment.