Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation is a private family foundation established in 1966. For over 50 years, the Foundation has been dedicated to helping others by supporting extraordinary nonprofit organizations that:
- Provide civic and human services;
- Foster educational achievement;
- Expand opportunities for youth and adults;
- Develop the next generation of hospitality leaders; and
- Lead innovation in health and medicine.
Note: This position is based out of the corporate office and does not offer the option to be remote.
Job Specific Duties
The Foundation Coordinator will support the team members across different areas of the organization. Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Foundation Coordinator will be expected to:
Day to Day Administrative & Operational related responsibilities:
- Support the Executive Director (ED) by managing ED’s schedule and calendar.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings including material preparation, conference room booking, greeting guests, logistical support, serving refreshments and arranging catering.
- Schedule and coordinate ED’s travel arrangements.
- Assist with managing and processing ED’s business expenses.
- Support the overall functioning of the office and team by managing mail, office supplies, IT needs, Foundation emails, voicemails and team calendars.
- Assist with maintenance of Customer Relations Management (CRM) database.
- Digitize Foundation records in preparation for an office move.
- Update website content on a routine basis and ensure website vendor is maintaining contractual obligations.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Administrative & Operational related responsibilities for the Board of Trustee Meetings:
- Support the Operations Manager in preparing for trustee meetings, duties include:
- Arrange logistics of meetings, including scheduling participation of trustees.
- Assist with details and coordination of meeting guests.
- Provide support with preparing board book content.
- Print, compile and distribute board book and other materials.
- Prepare the board room before and after meetings.
- Take notes at meetings and prepare draft of minutes.
- Coordinate completion of follow-up tasks from the meetings.
Program & Grant related responsibilities:
- Draft correspondence, letter and email, on behalf of the ED and Program Managers.
- Respond to grantees and potential grantees regarding online applications and reports.
- Provide support grant processing, as necessary.
- Assist with streamlining grants operations and reporting, as needed.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years work experience, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Previous exposure to the nonprofit and/or philanthropic sectors a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with Drupal and Fluxx grants management database preferred
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and proven success at multi-tasking
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy of information
- Strong writing/editing and verbal communication skills and the ability to ensure the efficient and timely flow of information and communication
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage upwards as well as work with team members in a collaborative approach
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High level of professionalism, and experience interacting with senior level executives
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and documents
Please follow instructions online at http://bit.ly/FoundationCoordinator
Do you like this post?
Be the first to comment
Sign in with