Apply here: https://bit.ly/2nAtnem
About the Blue Cross Foundation
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota Foundation focuses upstream on the social and economic factors that drive health outcomes. Community conditions — such as access to quality early childhood education, a safe and welcoming community, and access to health care coverage — are key influencers of future health. We work closely with our grantee partners across the state to advance health equity and make a healthy difference for all Minnesotans. The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota Foundation is a 501(c)(3), private non-operating foundation governed by an 8-person board of directors. Our assets are dedicated exclusively to improving health in Minnesota. Learn more at www.bluecrossmnfoundation.org and www.linkedin.com/company/blue-cross-and-blue-shield-of-minnesota-foundation.
Foundation Coordinator Summary
This position coordinates activities across the Foundation's operations, communications, and grants programs.
- Grants coordination: Coordinates multi-stage grant review processes, assesses grant application eligibility, uses specialized software, assists with coding, payment processing, correspondence, and report monitoring.
- Contract and financial coordination: Coordinates vendor contracting, invoice processing, and payments including facilitating approvals, correspondence, and reporting. Assists Operations Manager with tasks related to financial management including budget preparation and financial reporting. Identifies and engages diverse suppliers.
- Event coordination: Works with team members, consultants, and community partners to plan and implement event logistics, including catering, budget, participant communications, and on-site management.
- Communications: Monitors, triages, and responds to inquiries. Creates, edits and implements web, print and other communications. Creates and edits presentations.
- Office management: Coordinates and executes space and facility plans, orders supplies, collaborates with corporate facilities staff. Coordinates and troubleshoots technology, in collaboration with corporate IT. Schedules meetings and webinars.
- Reporting: Generates custom reports for Foundation staff, board of directors, and other stakeholders.
- Record management: Maintain Foundation records according to established retention procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to assure the success of the Foundation mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or related field and 3 years’ experience or 7 years of related experience in lieu of a degree
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience in developing and/or nurturing intercultural competency
- Self-motivated, capable of working independently as well as cooperatively
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple projects under tight time frames
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft word, excel, access and PowerPoint
- Well-developed oral, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish positive relationships and negotiate with a diverse array of people
- Ability to prioritize and organize complex tasks and systems
- Experience with Smart Simple or other contribution management software
About Blue Cross
Founded in 1933, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is the largest health plan in the state. We have more members, the largest network of providers and more products and services than any other plan in Minnesota. From the beginning, Blue Cross has been an innovator with a mission of making a healthy difference in people’s lives.
We understand the importance of finding a job that you truly enjoy — at a company that shares your values. We’ve made it easy to feel good about working at Blue Cross by encouraging volunteerism, valuing diversity and offering the flexibility you need to live a balanced life. We offer a suite of comprehensive medical and dental benefits as well as competitive pay, flexible work schedules and generous personal paid time off in addition to 20 hours of volunteer paid time off each year. We look forward to serving Minnesotans over the next 80 years and beyond. Join us and make a healthy difference through the work you do every day.
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® of Minnesota and Blue Plus® are nonprofit independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with