The Foundation Associate, working at the PDF Center for Peace and Justice in Amherst, will support senior staff with implementation of PDF’s grants management, compliance and due-diligence; will help to produce materials and reports; participate in PDF’s grantmaking process; and support and participate in PDF’s fundraising and donor management activities.
The Peace Development Fund is a public foundation home-based in Amherst, MA. PDF builds the capacity of community-based organizations through grants, training and other resources as partners in the human rights and social justice movements. We offer an administrative position in a dynamic, successful and progressive public foundation, helping to raise funds and provide capacity for grassroots communities.
Above Responsibilities include:
- Manage PDF’s Blackbaud Grantmaking database (70%)
- Process outgoing grants: including Community Organizing grants, Donor Advised Fund grants, Fiscal Sponsorship disbursements, De Colores Fund grants, and any designated or special grants.
- Maintain grants database: ensuring complete and up-to-date records
- Produce reports and analysis: reconcile grants input with Finance team
- Provide grantee stewardship: tracking, notification and assistance with reporting, due diligence and compliance
Participate in PDF’s annual Community Organizing Grants cycle and Grassroots Fundraising Week
- Support Program Staff, work with work-study students/interns and volunteers in implementation of the above programs, and other PDF grantmaking activities and administrative processes
Support PDF staff and Board to implement PDF’s fund-raising activities, plans and programs (20%)
- Contribute concepts and author pieces for PDF’s social media, publications and donor communications.
- Support and assist in occasional donor visits, participate in fundraising events and other activities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Community outreach (10%)
- Assist in planning and producing community events and activities in the Pioneer Valley and other key locations
- Attend special events, conferences, trainings and other activities as a member of the staff team to enhance PDF’s visibility in the social justice and donor communities
Bachelor’s Degree preferred; preferable two years’ experience at similar or equivalent position in a non-profit setting; demonstrated capability with database management software (Raiser’s Edge or GIFTS a plus), and Microsoft Office suite to include Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Advanced skill training is provided.
You should be detail-oriented; have strong analytical, presentation and communications (written and oral) skills; work well with others, with the ability to move between disparate tasks and respond to competing requirements within job functions; be self-directed, team oriented, patient and hard-working.
Spanish proficiency is a plus. This position reports to the Director of Administration and Finance, is based in Amherst, MA, and requires occasional travel out of town.
Salary, timing and application process:
This full-time position is available beginning June 15, 2020
Benefits package to include health, vacation and advanced skill training
Please submit, as a PDF file, a cover letter and résumé to:
PDF’s owned building is fully accessible to full service first floor only, second floor by stairs
Peace Development Fund provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, criminal justice system involvement or military or veteran status in accordance with all applicable laws. We don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above.
We're committed to building a diverse staff team. People of marginalized identities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with