The Bob & Renee Parsons Foundation offers support to nonprofit organizations successfully working to empower, educate, nurture and nourish people during what is often the darkest times of theirs lives. The sole purpose of our philanthropy is to transform the lives of the most vulnerable populations by dealing in hope. Founded in 2012 and driven by the core belief that all people – regardless of race, roots, economic status, sexual orientation or gender identity – deserve access to quality healthcare, education and a safe place to call home, The Bob & Renee Parsons Foundation has exceeded $160 million in giving over the past seven years. We focus on homelessness, health, youth, education, military families and veterans to further the promise of the American Dream.
The Foundation Associate will be an employee of YAM Management, the employment and management arm of The Bob & Renee Parsons Foundation (“TBRPF” or the “Foundation”).
This position is responsible for providing administrative support and coordination for grant making activities and processes, promoting and sharing the Foundation’s activities through multiple avenues including social media, the Foundation’s website and a newsletter shared with employees of the YAM WorldWide companies, as well as acting as executive assistant to both the Foundation’s Executive Director and the Program Manager.
Provide best-in-class administrative support for Foundation’s grantmaking activities.
- Assist with filtering and evaluating letters of interest (LOI) submitted through the Foundation’s website. Assess the viability of the LOI through review of the organization’s financial metrics, current standing and overall rating, operations/mission, etc using the Charity Navigator and LUNA models and other research. Make recommendations to Foundation staff based on findings and ensure timely response to requests.
- Prep the presentation binders with materials required for all board meetings with the founders.
- Continuously update and maintain the Blackbaud Grantmaking grants management system for partner organizations, contacts, grant proposals, grant payments. Make recommendations for improvements and enhancements to record processing and reporting.
- Ensure timely receipt of grantee reporting requirements for all grantees (i.e., acknowledgement letters, grantee annual reporting, etc.)
- Ensure that all requirements in the grantmaking process are completed via quarterly audit and close-out of grant files.
- Reconcile the Blackbaud Grantmaking system with Quickbooks on a monthly basis. Requires data entry of all payments made for all charity partners for all focus areas and updating grant proposal status.
- Maintain files and records for the Foundation in accordance with standard protocol, both electronic as well as hard copy files when needed.
- For those grants and grant partners that are the direct responsibility of the Executive Director, provide additional administrative support in managing the grant (i.e., manage the receipt of proposal through the Foundation’s grant portal, create the pitch paper and summarize background information for use during the funding meeting, monitor grant reporting guidelines, assist in the process of annual grant evaluations, etc.)
Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Program Manager.
- Act as the Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director.
- In addition, provide administrative support for the Program Manager including scheduling and managing in-house and off-site meetings, assist with preparation of monthly expense reports, preparing reports for meetings with the board of directors and other duties as required.
- Receive Foundation communications and ensure appropriate response/resolution.
Continuously communicate the positive impact of the founders’ contributions.
- Ensure timely communication to the Foundation staff when recognition of founders is received from grant partners (i.e., thank you letters, gifts, social media mentions, etc.)
- Drive the creation of the Foundation’s annual impact report through coordination with Foundation staff and/or Big Yam, contribution of visual collateral (photos, graphs, etc), reporting on measures, etc.
Promote and share the work of the Foundation and its founders with Parsons’ companies and employees.
- Create and send a company-wide newsletter approximately 4-6 times per year to share the latest activity of the Foundation and its founders with employees of founder-owned companies.
- May also act as a liaison with HR on employee-engagement activities to encourage and facilitate employees across all YAM companies to participate in charitable activities, events, fundraising and/or volunteering.
- May also act as the lead in organizing and executing events and activities for employee involvement in the charitable sector (i.e., charity walks, volunteer efforts, etc.)
Promote the Foundation’s mission and image externally.
- With the Program Manager, monitor and update social media platforms as needed to publicize current activity of the Foundation, its partners and its founders. Support social media of the Foundation by providing ideas and direct content, including researching partner news and partner spotlights. Manage the social media calendar to ensure advance preparation of future posts and appropriate frequency (currently 3 posts/week). Promote the Foundation’s social media efforts via support from your own personal social media.
- Update the Foundation’s website as needed for press releases, grants made, new partners and other maintenance.
- Monitor the use of brand logos and images on behalf of the Foundation and its founders.
- Represent the Foundation. Represent the Foundation and its founders with professionalism, appropriate presentation and poise at all times, communicating the mission and vision to a wide variety of audiences, delivering messages with tact and diplomacy. Attendance may also be required at community events that may not be related to the Foundation directly in order to demonstrate the Foundation’s and its founders’ roles within the community.
- Update and share knowledge. Research and report on current issues and trends in the philanthropic industry in general as well as best practice for employee engagement in charitable activities.
- Assist other YAM Management staff with occasional projects as directed by the Foundation’s Executive Director or its founders.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience
- Enthusiasm and personal interest in the work of philanthropy is a must
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- 2+ years previous experience in nonprofit preferred
- Administrative assistant experience preferred
- Candidates with professional or personal experience within the Foundation’s focus areas are encouraged to apply.
- Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, database and social media platforms
- Exceptional organizational skills
- A professional, positive and flexible attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines and changing priorities