Arabella Advisors seeks an entrepreneurial, socially engaged professional to serve as a financial analyst in helping our clients launch and manage innovative social sector projects. The idea candidate will have a firm grasp on financial reporting, but will also be capable of breaking down reports and financial information for clients with varying degrees of knowledge in this area. This position will sit in our Managed Organizations Team, but will also work closely with our finance department, serving as a bridge between our finance team members and programmatic staff. The Financial Analyst will support financial systems, processes, and reporting for a diverse client and project portfolio, working closely with the Managed Organizations Team, philanthropists and other key stakeholders. If you want the opportunity to help build and lead one of the country’s fastest-growing public charities, then this job is for you.
- Provide financial expertise and analysis to internal business teams, clients and projects, including reviewing and analyzing program expenses against budget and explaining variances
- Prepare, review and advise on a suite of budgeting tools and financial deliverables for clients and projects; Develop coding and financial reporting strategies to meet client and project needs
- Communicate financial information with clients in a polished, professional manner
- Review and help prepare financial component of proposals and reports to funders
- Manage government grant compliance responsibilities, including invoicing governments for reimbursements on activities; Monitor and track lobbying allocations
- Conduct trainings to internal staff and projects on processes and best practices in nonprofit and project financial management
- Support the preparation of the 990 and audits as needed
- Design and implement new finance processes, identifying opportunities for efficiency and streamlining, whenever possible
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required, preferably in business, accounting, economics, finance or related field
- At least three years of financial management experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting
- Financial management experience with fiscal sponsors, the federal government, and/or private foundations strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to write clear and concise correspondence to clients simplifying complex concepts and reports
- Knowledge of finance and accounting policies, procedures and administrative practices, including GAAP
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills; accuracy and attention to detail, and highly organized, strong writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of Excel; exposure to Salesforce and Great Plains preferred
Candidates must submit a resume and one-page cover letter to be considered for the position. The cover letter must address why you want to work at Arabella and why this is your dream job. We will disregard candidates that do not submit the appropriate materials.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with