Financial Analyst, Managed Organizations
Arabella Advisors seeks an entrepreneurial, socially engaged professional to serve as a financial analyst in helping our clients launch and manage innovative social sector projects. The idea candidate will have a firm grasp on financial reporting, but will also be capable of breaking down reports and financial information for clients with varying degrees of knowledge in this area. This position will sit in our Managed Organizations Team, but will also work closely with our finance department, serving as a bridge between our finance team members and programmatic staff. The Financial Analyst will support financial systems, processes, and reporting for a diverse client and project portfolio, working closely with the Managed Organizations Team, philanthropists and other key stakeholders. If you want the opportunity to help build and lead one of the country’s fastest-growing public charities, then this job is for you.
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We help our clients imagine what’s possible, design the best strategies, learn what works best, and do the work necessary to realize their visions.
Our staff is a team of passionate problem-solvers—mission-driven and action-oriented—with a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience.
The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation. Our leadership team, advisors, colleagues, and staff are fundamentally concerned with social change. We share a desire to make a difference and apply an outcomes-focused approach. Our internal culture supports employee passions, enables continuous learning, and fosters innovation, risk taking, and fun—even as it emphasizes excellence.
About the Managed Nonprofit Organizations
Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to multiple public charities, including a 501(c)(3) named the New Venture Fund and a 501(c)(4). These managed organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits, as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview. The managed organizations provide support to a diverse range of projects, including many focused on conservation and global health. The organizations have also provided fiscal sponsorship to projects focused on voter registration, public policy, education, disaster recovery, and music and the arts.
Candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview.
- Provide financial expertise and analysis to internal business teams, clients and projects, including reviewing and analyzing program expenses against budget and explaining variances
- Prepare, review and advise on a suite of budgeting tools and financial deliverables for clients and projects; Develop coding and financial reporting strategies to meet client and project needs
- Communicate financial information with clients in a polished, professional manner
- Review and help prepare financial component of proposals and reports to funders
- Manage government grant compliance responsibilities, including invoicing governments for reimbursements on activities; Monitor and track lobbying allocations
- Conduct trainings to internal staff and projects on processes and best practices in nonprofit and project financial management
- Support the preparation of the 990 and audits as needed
- Design and implement new finance processes, identifying opportunities for efficiency and streamlining, whenever possible
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required, preferably in business, accounting, economics, finance or related field
- At least three years of financial management experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting
- Financial management experience with fiscal sponsors, the federal government, and/or private foundations strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to write clear and concise correspondence to clients simplifying complex concepts and reports
- Knowledge of finance and accounting policies, procedures and administrative practices, including GAAP
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills; accuracy and attention to detail, and highly organized, strong writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of Excel; exposure to Salesforce and Great Plains preferred
A Career with Arabella Advisors
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, fun, transparent, collaborative, and healthy culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more about our people, culture, and work. However, we thought you should know that Arabella is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. For you and your eligible dependents, we pay 100% of premiums and in-network deductibles for health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide you disability coverage; life insurance; personal and volunteer leave time; a 401K match that you are eligible to receive when you start; $1,500 a year for professional development; and a fitness benefit.
We also are committed to building a firm that is diverse and inclusive. We invite our clients and employees to be fully themselves. By integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work, we benefit from increased knowledge, creativity, flexibility, and organizational and individual growth. We expect all Arabella staff to share this commitment.
Candidates must submit a resume and one-page cover letter to be considered for the position. The cover letter must address why you want to work at Arabella and why this is your dream job. We will disregard candidates that do not submit the appropriate materials.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
Do you like this post?