The Performance Garage is a non-profit performance venue, whose mission is to support the professional dance and art communities by providing access to its rehearsal space and theater. Through its mission, the Performance Garage enriches the Philadelphia community through a variety of contemporary dance presentations, housing classes and workshops for professional artists, and through its community outreach program, provides free weekly dance classes to local schools in the Spring Garden and Fairmount community.
The Performance Garage seeks a Part-Time Finance Manager to work with a small but collaborative team dedicated to supporting the mission of the Performance Garage. The Finance Manager will work closely with the Rentals Manager to handle cash flows related to PG programs and with the Marketing & Development Managers to understand the fundraising and development cash flows of the organization. The Finance Manager will also work closely with the Executive Director to manage the overall financial strategy of the organization.
- Managing the organization’s books and maintaining the general financial health and wellbeing of the organization.
- Tracking all accounts using appropriate general ledger, budget, class categories, including tracking restricted funds and expenditures.
- Analyzing transactions to determine appropriate accounting procedures in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in preparation for annual audit.
- Maintaining accurate records and files to expedite annual tax filings, such as 1099s.
- Adhering to month-end and year-end procedures, including bank and credit card reconciliations, monthly finance report updates, 1099 filing, and year-end adjustments.
- Preparing funder finance reports and board finance reports as requested and generating monthly financial reports including balance sheet, P&L statement, and cash flow report.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, or equivalent experience
- Advanced working knowledge of Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel
- Non-profit accounting experience
- Passion for dance a plus!
In addition, the candidate must have excellent analytical skills, be well organized and detail oriented, and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize. The position requires 12-15 hours a week, with additional hours adjusted seasonally. Schedule is flexible and is paid on an hourly basis, at a rate commensurate with experience. Benefits include access to a 403(b) account and a healthcare subsidy.
To Apply: Interested parties should email cover letter and resume to Melissa Cameron at email@example.com with the subject line reading: Finance Manager Position.