Between Friends envisions a community without domestic violence where equality, safety, and justice exist for all. Between Friends provides a safe, supportive and empowering environment for individuals and families in crisis. Between Friends' counselors and advocates empower individuals to make their own decisions and choices, rather than making choices for them. To address domestic violence as a community issue, Between Friends offers comprehensive prevention programs to educate youth and adults about the dynamics of healthy and unhealthy relationships and how to prevent domestic violence before it begins. To learn about our programs go to www.betweenfriendschicago.org
The responsibility of the Finance Manager will be to coordinate and manage all fiscal and administrative aspects of the agency.
Accounting & Financial Management (50%)
- Performs general bookkeeping and maintains General Ledger
- Manages Accounts Payable
- Manages documentation of individual and institutional funds received
- Provides all monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Develops and maintains sound fiscal policies and procedures
- Makes recommendations to the Executive Director and senior management team
- Coordinates efforts to complete the annual IRS audit
- Manages payroll
- Assists in development of the agency budget
- Oversee work of the financial consultant
- Works with the Director of Operations and Strategy and Executive Director on financial planning
- Acts as the staff liaison for the Finance Committee of the Board
- Maintains agency records including tax and banking documentation, board and vendor information, grants, contracts, audits and all other reports
- Assists in the creation of grant proposals, grant reports, and other agency documents
- Assists in completion of grant-related program audits by state agencies
- Assists with tracking grant-related expenditures
- Assists the Executive Director and other senior management staff
- Participates in agency events as needed
- Completes other duties as assigned
Education, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or accounting required. CPA or MBA preferred
- 3 years fiscal and administrative management experience required. Experience in not-for-profit organization budgeting, fund accounting, and government contracts strongly preferred
- Computer and software knowledge – PC literate with strong skills in Microsoft Word (word processing) and spreadsheets (Excel) required;
- Experience using Sage/MIP accounting software program is strongly
- Commitment to Between Friends mission and values, particularly a focus on intersectional equity and ending all forms of abuse in relationships
- This position operates primarily in a professional office environment that is not fully accessible
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets, and fax machines
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment
- Equal Opportunity Employer. Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service and/or marital status, order of protection status, handicap, disability, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes
- Comprehensive benefits package (with some employee contributions) includes medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Full time employees are eligible for a 20 paid day sabbatical after completion of five years employment.
- 24 days of paid time off accrued during the first year, and 11 paid holidays.
- Submit thoughtful cover letter including why you are interested and qualified for this position, resume, and salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please write your name (Last, First) and Finance Manager in the subject line of your e-mail
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted
- No phone calls please.