Rose Community Foundation strives to enhance the quality of life of the Greater Denver community through leadership, grantmaking and donor engagement – stewarding philanthropic resources and investing in strategic and innovative solutions to enduring challenges and emerging issues. Since 1995, the Foundation has granted more than $280 million to organizations and initiatives focused on Aging, Child and Family Development, Education, Health and Jewish Life in the Greater Denver area – recently adding a cross-programmatic community action overlay of support for organizations serving immigrants, refugees and communities vulnerable to discrimination and hate crimes.
We are seeking a finance associate to join us to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the Foundation’s financials information and procedures. The ideal candidate will have high aptitude for numbers, problem solving skills, strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize. Recent experience in nonprofit accounting is a plus.
- Perform and oversee daily accounting duties and monthly reconciliation of accounts including deposits and credit cards expense management
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll for processing by third-party vendor and record journal entry
- Design and prepare monthly financial reports and account analyses and narrative, including reporting for funds, initiatives, and special projects
- Support the Rose Medical Center Gift Shop with financial reports and filing sales tax returns
- Provide annual audit support reconciling and producing scheduled reports
- Assist in bank reconciliation, budget preparation, regular account analyses for coding errors and reconciliation to general ledger
- Assist controller with insurance renewal, compliance, claims, including correspondence preparation, payment processing and reporting
- Provide back-up and assistance in accounts payable and the filing of Form 1099s
- Provide back-up for the donor services associate to process incoming gifts
- Provide occasional general administrative support including preparing correspondence, filing, answering telephones and front desk coverage
- Maintain and file all necessary records and documentation, related to financial, human resources and payroll
- Work with our third party administrator to prepare and file Form 5500s
- Serve as point-of-contact for Rose Medical Center retirement plan; respond to participant questions and process participant forms
- Assist new hires and exiting employees with onboarding and off-boarding, including COBRA management
- Manage, administer, communicate, and report on all employee benefits including changes in enrollment, funding and benefits reconciliation, and annual benefits renewal
- Complete surveys and census updates
- Participate in foundation-wide cross-departmental projects
- As a member of the Foundation’s support team, cultivate a culture of shared resources, teaching, learning and support for the Foundation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of three years of experience in general ledger, payroll, reconciliation of accounts in accounting; nonprofit experience is a plus.
- Four-year degree in accounting
- Experience with accounting, payroll and relational database systems
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously and still perform at high level
- A customer service orientation, a proactive attitude, and positive interpersonal relationship with the internal and external stakeholders
The ideal candidate will be creative and positive with a can-do attitude and a good sense of humor. They will be an excellent listener and strong communicator with the propensity to take initiative and be proactive. Experience working with diverse populations, cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds is important to us. A collaborative team player, the associate must be excited by the opportunity to work as part of a team as well as independently, fostering positive working relationships both internally and externally. Valuing excellence and reputation, the associate must be passionate about the Foundation’s work.
The finance associate reports to the controller and does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Salary and Benefits
This full-time, exempt position pays in the low $50,000s, commensurate with background, experience and sector benchmarks. Rose Community Foundation currently offers a competitive benefits package including employer-supported health, dental, vision and life insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan, paid time off including holidays, professional development opportunities and a matching gift program.
Rose Community Foundation believes in the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion. The Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunities and prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by state or local law.
How to Apply
Submission deadline is 5:00 p.m. on Friday February 1, 2019. Interested candidates should email their cover letter and résumé to: Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Finance Associate.” No phone calls or additional email messages, please.