Beloved Community is hiring a Finance and Operations Manager. In this role, the Finance and Operations Manager will have a breadth of responsibilities for managing financial oversight, reporting, audits, and accountability. Key components of this role seek to ensure seamless operational support for in-person and virtual programming, while maintaining human resources functions as well as administrative duties that support the Beloved team.
The Finance and Operations Manager will oversee day-to-day responsibilities for all accounting and banking functions of the organization, including logging and maintaining financial data using QuickBooks, generating financial reports, and grants management. In this role, you will work directly with the Director of Capacity Building to collaborate on processing receivables, invoicing and contracting. You will also work cross functionally across the Beloved organization supporting departments including Communications and Development, Data and Analysis, Research and Impact, and Education and Programming. In addition, the Finance and Operations Manager performs human resources duties, office administrative tasks, and other assignments related to the financial health and operation of the Beloved Community.
What You Bring
- You have a strong background in bookkeeping. You will collaborate with our CEO and external accounting team to develop budget cost projections and financial recommendations.
- You are a Quickbooks expert. You will maintain our company’s general ledger; record daily transactions, deposits, and income in
- You enjoy event planning. You will aid in the gathering and execution of printed collateral, materials, and other logistics for in-person and virtual programs.
- You are comfortable with a variety of tech platforms. As a fully distributed team we rely heavily on online project management and data analysis tools which you will use daily such as Asana, Google Suite, MS Suite, and Zoom.
- You are highly organized. You will streamline and reorganize all internal files, contracts and documents for quick access and logical storage.
- You are highly collaborative. You understand that finance and operations are essential supports for achieving our organizational goals. You invest in learning about our programs and collaborating with departments to design operations that facilitate their work.
- Relevant experience in business, finance, operations or related field.
- A working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- The ability to embed organizational values and an equity lens into operating practices.
- Experience working with and/or managing contractors.
- Self-awareness about personal identities as well as knowledge of anti-bias and anti-racism frameworks and how they impact organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse personalities, and the wide variety of professional backgrounds and experiences.
- An enthusiastic approach to problem prediction and problem solving.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and innovate new systems as needed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Financial Projections and Management
- You will manage the overall accounting and bookkeeping, including accounts payable and accounts receivable, inventory, banking, and payroll functions.
- You will process reimbursements, purchases, and check requests for our staff.
- You will work closely with the CEO to account for revenue for all development initiatives, including but not limited to creating and monitoring all grant budgets and grant related financial information; processing and tracking all forms of donations; and generating revenue reports.
- You will generate and present financial reports including monthly financials P&L, Balance Sheet, cash flow, quarterly financials for Board, and grant report financials for funders.
- You will interface with third party accounting personnel to coordinate monthly, annual financial reports, audits and oversee all 990 reports.
- You will facilitate our annual budget and annual audit
- You will provide administrative assistance, including oversight of facility contracts, and establishing and managing vendor accounts and relationships.
- You will monitor Beloved financial performance against internal and external metrics.
- You will advise on updates to financial control policies including financial policy renewals, new policies and subsidies such as bank financing, Workers Compensation and Employee Benefits.
Human Resources Operations and Internal Systems
- You update our employee manual and Board policies.
- You work with an insurance broker to oversee our benefit programs.
- You coordinate the development of new job descriptions.
- You facilitate logistics and tech onboarding for new Beloved team members.
- You update the protocols and administer performance management reviews.
- You support the development and measurement of healthy team culture.
- You coordinate with the team and external consultants to plan and execute quarterly team retreats.
- You are responsible for distributed office management including, but not limited to, order and delivery of printed materials, technology acquisition and updates for staff, collateral orders, mail pick-up and delivery.
- You manage Beloved organizational calendars and meeting logistics.
- You coordinate travel arrangements to ensure proper expense accounting for all staff.
- You secure vendors and location(s) for Beloved events and programs.
- You guarantee that vendor procurement and selection meet Beloved metrics for diversity, equity, and inclusion, specifically upholding our commitment to support local, Black and Latinx-owned companies.
As a result of your financial management, Beloved will be positioned to double in size and steward 7-figure investments from multiple sources. Your logistics and operations management will lead to seamless national facilitations, virtual and in-person, which contribute to increased customer satisfaction with our programming strands. Your collaborative leadership will enable the growth and development of our teams, programs, research, and equity tool suite. You will contribute to financial modeling that supports the strategic growth of Beloved Community.
Location: Remote with bases in New Orleans, Memphis, and Indianapolis
Salary: $50k - $60k
Unlimited vacation, flexible work hours, health and dental benefits, retirement matching, phone stipend, work for home stipend
Day In The Life
40% Financial Management and Tracking
30% Human Resource Operations
20% Administrative Support
10% Internal Systems
Please apply online here.
About Beloved Community
Beloved Community is a national non-profit that works exclusively on sustainable solutions for diversity, equity, and inclusion. Beloved Community provides policy advocacy and capacity-building support via Equity in Schools, Equity at Work, and Equity at Home programming. This year that includes deep dive support, regional and national communities of practice, conducting a national research study, and updating our Equity Audit tool suite.
You will be joining a highly communicative, self-aware team of equity warriors. Our remote culture is anchored in joy, collaboration, and shared voice, shared power.
*Pending All-Clear for COVID-19
Diversity. Equity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for us. They’re the hard-and-fast principles guiding how we build our teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person inside of it. We make space for you as an individual. Your needs matter. Your voice matters. We have a vast, multicultural community of thought leaders and community partners. —we want to reflect that inside our Beloved Community.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with