The Jewish Foundation for Education of Women (JFEW) is dedicated to helping women of all backgrounds attain a college degree and achieve economic mobility. We do this through strategic partnerships with public and private universities and community-based nonprofits to provide scholarships, peer networks, dedicated advising, and professional development opportunities. Learn more at jfew.org.
The Jewish Foundation for Education of Women (JFEW), a non-sectarian organization that provides needs-based college scholarships and other supports to women of all backgrounds, seeks candidates for the full-time position of Finance and Administration Manager. This is an outstanding opportunity for a mission-driven finance and operations professional to advance women’s higher education and join a highly collaborative, engaged and Scholar-centered office. The Manager is responsible for overseeing JFEW’s day-to-day financial, budgeting, human resources and IT functions, and other duties as needed. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager works in close collaboration with JFEW’s professional team and Board of Directors, and is also a key representative of the Foundation to grantees, philanthropic partners and JFEW Scholars (more than four hundred annually). JFEW has a staff of 3 full-time professionals and a Board of 18 directors.
- Prepare and monitor annual organizational and program budgets, forecasts and payment schedules
- Work with external accounting firm to ensure books are accurately maintained, and grant and vendor payments and contributions processed
- Maintain relationship with Foundation’s banks and investment firms
- Prepare materials for annual audit, in collaboration with external firm; ensure timely tax payments
- Maintain and oversee compliance with internal controls policies and procedures
- Respond to general Foundation phone and email inquiries
- Administer employee benefit programs and associated reporting for medical insurance, TransitCheks and 403(b) plan
- Process payroll; ensure quarterly and year-end filings
- Serve as point person for vendors, IT consultants, insurance brokers and building staff
- Draft and copyedit office communications and basic website updates
- Manage office and supplies
Grant Programs and Special Events
- Work with campus program partners to ensure fiscal compliance with agreements
- Oversee custom Microsoft Access database of JFEW grants, Scholars and Alumnae
- Plan logistical and catering details for meetings and special events
- Organize, compile and coordinate Board mailings and e-blasts
- Schedule and coordinate quarterly Board meetings and various committee meetings; prepare minutes
- BA degree and 3 - 5+ years of experience in a finance, operations and/or grants management role
- Experience working with and analyzing spreadsheets and preparing detailed presentations
- Familiarity with 990s and annual audit processes
- Skill with MS Office, especially Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word
- Interest in improving organizational processes for greater efficiency
- Outstanding writing, copyediting and communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet daily deadlines
- Ease with troubleshooting basic information technology issues
- Diplomacy in handling sensitive information
- Dedication to issues central to JFEW’s mission, including women’s advancement, economic mobility and diversity in higher education
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Competitive compensation based upon experience. This position comes with generous benefits, including health and dental insurance, 403(b) with match, TransitCheks, long-term disability and life insurance, paid holidays and vacation, and all legally required benefits.
In one PDF, please send cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to: [email protected]. Use “Finance and Administration Manager” in subject line. Application review will begin on April 29, 2019 and will continue until position filled. No telephone calls, please.
JFEW is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.