Established in 2007, I Live Here I Give Here’s (ILHIGH) mission is to make Central Texas the most generous community in the nation. We believe that we can build a more united, more prosperous Austin for all when we give together as a community. I Live Here I Give Here is a bridge to impact, helping people make their mark, their way on our city. Austin has been named one of the most economically segregated cities in the
country while also being named one of America’s strongest economies. Austin is currently ranked the 33rd most generous city in the US, compared to our neighbors Dallas at number 4, Houston at number 5, and San Antonio at number 25 and it is the goal of ILHIGH to move the needle in Austin.
Programs like Amplify Austin Day, See Jane Give, Give Back Jack, Board Internship Program, and Giving Tuesday are designed to help locals find the issues they care about and take action to be part of the solution. By inspiring new and young givers, volunteers, and activists to make an impact on the community where they live, ILHIGH is ensuring that philanthropy in Central Texas grows and lives on for decades to come.
The new Executive Director will lead a dynamic, well-respected $1.2 million organization with a track record of service to the greater Austin community. In partnership with 14 board and 6 staff members, the new Executive has a unique opportunity to leverage
ILHIGH’s current assets and relationships to significantly advance philanthropy in Central Texas.
Ideal candidates will bring a variety of attributes, knowledge, and skills, including exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and an open and approachable demeanor. A high level of emotional intelligence, diplomacy, and relationship-building skills will allow the Executive Director to easily engage with varied community partners and stakeholders, as well as board and staff. An essential part of this role will be in stewarding and growing existing partnerships and collaborations, as well as creating new ones throughout the community and beyond. The role requires someone who is comfortable leading a highly complex organization through change and growth, has experience with fundraising and revenue generation as well as the financial aptitude to oversee a complex P&L. The ideal candidate has experience, lived or learned, leading people and organizations that emphasize diversity, equity and inclusion. The Executive Director will possess a strategic mindset, able to balance and prioritize among competing opportunities and mitigate potential risks.
Candidates should have a solid history of leadership in fundraising and community engagement as well as experience managing high performing teams and organizational growth. Candidates should also have a proven record in cultivating both corporate and individual donors, as well as in leading and developing partnerships with public, private and community organizations. 5-10 years of strong leadership experience that includes employing diverse perspectives and varying points of view is essential. Having experience with change management strategy and degree in business, nonprofit administration or a related field is a plus. Private sector or corporate experience is desirable when combined with significant community engagement (as demonstrated by leadership roles on boards, committees, or task forces) and, given the existing leadership and infrastructure at ILHIGH, experience running a non-profit is a plus but not required.
About the Executive Director Position
The Executive Director (ED) reports to the 14-member Board of Directors, while providing executive leadership to the organization and overseeing day-to-day operations.
Key Priorities & Responsibilities
In relation to leadership and strategy, the Executive Director will:
- Guide the organization in the implementation and accomplishment of the recently completed strategic plan outlining the future of ILHIGH
- Cast a bold vision for ILHIGH and for the community giving and engagement arena broadly
- Actively engage the ILHIGH Board members, committees, and member organizations in the mission of ILHIGH
- Develop, train, support, and empower an effective team, building strong morale and collaboration between staff members and member organizations through effective managerial and interpersonal practices
- Stay abreast of regional and national philanthropic trends and best practices
In relation to development and marketing, the Executive Director will:
- Raise the profile of ILHIGH by serving as a movement builder that can inspire and engage a diverse set of partners, funders, as well as the public in general
- Oversee development of a successful fund development strategy, working closely with the board to steward existing supporters and increase current levels of giving while identifying new funding sources, especially through building Foundation and Corporate support
- Initiate communications with other organizations, individuals, and the general public to help create awareness about ILHIGH and its mission while cultivating relationships with other peer organizations
In relation to community engagement, the Executive Director will:
- Be a community ambassador and strong communicator that embraces the notion of creativity in making Austin a more generous city
- Inspire others through a genuine passion for the cause and bring community groups together under a common goal of increasing Austin’s generosityMaintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the Giving Day arena to appropriately support and guide staff and board leaders
In relation to operations, the Executive Director will:
- Foster a climate which attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse staff of capable professionals
- Develop and implement annual organizational goals as outlined in the strategic plan
- Ensure effective systems to track progress and measure the success of organizational goals to effectively communicate them to the Board, funders, and other constituents and stakeholders
- Ensure ILHIGH applies sound financial and administrative practices
ILHIGH will offer a strong salary that is competitive with industry standards and commensurate with experience. Benefits include health benefits, in-house gym and parking plus generous personal time off and holidays.
To apply, please send letter of interest describing relevant experiences, resume, and three reference contacts, to https://missioncapital.mytribehr.com/careers/view/44 by November 7, 2018.