Each day we help nearly 7,500 students develop the skills and tools they need to survive and thrive in a complex world, driven by knowledge and technology. The EastLake Educational Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established in 1995, which raises funds to support quality public school educational opportunities in the EastLake community of Chula Vista, California. Since our inception, the EEF has successfully brought together businesses, local residents, school staff and families in support of our mission of developing and enhancing technology in the classroom. We help close the funding gap for programs and equipment that are either poorly funded through traditional means, or have no existing funding base through the public-school districts.
Since our founding, the EEF has provided over $1.9 million in funding to equally benefit all 6 EastLake public schools (EastLake Elementary, Olympic View Elementary, Salt Creek Elementary, Arroyo Vista Charter School, EastLake Middle and EastLake High). We are proud that the EEF is recognized by the local school districts, parents, residents and businesses as not only an important financial supporter, but also a true partner in fostering community involvement in education. For more information, please visit us at: http://www.eefkids.org/.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Leadership experience – hands-on experience as a leader, manager or key team member of a small-to-medium sized organization.
- Board relations - experience working with a board of community leaders, including reporting, advising and board member recruitment.
- Business acumen - strong skills with regards to budgeting, reporting, operations, marketing, and events. Strategic and innovative, giving attention to both short-term and long-term objectives.
- Branding and communications - ability to drive innovative marketing and communications strategies to build EEF’s brand awareness and organization footprint.
- Cultural Awareness - understanding of San Diego’s diverse communities, and experience/ability to connect and build effective relationships within those communities, especially the South Bay region.
- Communication skills – written and oral, including strong listening skills and the ability to connect with and inspire a wide range of partners and stakeholders. Transparent and open to feedback and constructive criticism.
- Public speaking and media relations - excellent public speaking and presentation skills; ability to passionately and effectively tell our story and inspire others to action. Serves as the top networker and connector for the EEF. Demonstrates tact and diplomacy at all times.
- Oversees fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, and managing donor stewardship.
- Oversees grants and proposals, and the administration of fundraising records and documentation.
- Corporate Sponsors / Partnerships
- Develops partnerships throughout the community, including corporate, individual, and major gifts.
- Uses charisma and enthusiasm to win support and spread EEF’s value proposition.
- Schools / City Liaison
- Serves as the primary spokesperson for the EEF, frequently attending events and speaking in public.
- Maintains relationships with various organizations, school districts, and schools throughout the state, and utilizes these relations to strategically enhance the EEF’s mission.
- Board and Affiliate Relations
- Engages the board to fully leverage each member’s strengths and connections.
- Maintains effective relationships with the Board of Directors, committees, and advisors.
- Partners with the Board in the strategic planning process, and works closely with the board to ensure goals and milestones are met or exceeded.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with event planning and execution.
- Oversees the Events Manager to ensure the EEF produces quality events that not only meet budget and fundraising objectives, but also elevate the organization’s brand and profile.
- Admin / Other
- Performs administrative tasks as necessary.
- Oversees marketing and community outreach for the EEF across a range of constituencies.
- Manages budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Volunteer Management
- Manages the volunteers of EEF; oversees the growth and retention of volunteers.
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Trevor Blair, Principal
Blair Search Partners LLC
550 West B Street, 4th floor, San Diego, CA 92101
Be the first to comment
Sign in with