Way to Win is a national resource and strategy hub upending politics as usual. We work in partnership with those most impacted by injustice to win near-term elections while building long-term power, to improve lives, and to achieve a representative democracy that works for all.
Provides executive support to the President and senior leadership, including scheduling, database management, board activities, and special events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain calendars for President, Vice President, and other senior leadership, working with Office of the President to prioritise, delegate, and book meetings or travel.
- Prepare correspondence and other written materials on behalf of President and organisation.
- Manage database and CRM, including updating confidential donor information.
- Assist in planning special events and conferences, including serving as point of contact for major donors.
- Support grants management and financial reporting.
- Complete research and other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity to all. Responds promptly to donor, grantee, and colleague needs.
- Planning & Organization - Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Independent Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to views.
- Politically Astute - Able to navigate personal relationships and sensitive situations.
- Detail Oriented - Reviews documents, catches mistakes, crosses T’s and dots I’s.
WORK LOCATION AND ENVIRONMENT
This is a remote position with occasional travel. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; the employee is occasionally required climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 - 25 pounds.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of five years of experience as an assistant, scheduler, or paralegal is required to be considered for Executive Assistant. Candidates who do not meet those requirements will be considered for an Administrative Assistant position.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation will range from $45,000-$70,000 per year, commensurate with experience, plus a generous and competitive benefits package.
Please email your resume and cover letter as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Assistant [your surname]”. Your cover letter should include why you want to join the Way to Win team in this position, two references, your salary requirements, and how you heard about the position. This position will remain open until filled.