The California Wellness Foundation - San Francisco, CA
The California Wellness Foundation, a $935 million private, independent foundation, seeks an executive assistant to the vice president of public affairs to join the institution at an exciting time in its history. The executive assistant will play a key supporting role in Cal Wellness’ newly created Public Affairs Department, which unites the Foundation’s communications, public policy and community relations functions.
The Foundation’s mission is to improve the health of the people of California by making grants for health promotion, wellness education and disease prevention. One of the largest health-focused foundations in California, Cal Wellness is a nationally recognized leader for its strategic core operating support for grantees, public policy grantmaking and focus on violence as a public health issue. Since its founding in 1992, Cal Wellness has awarded 8,100 grants totaling more than $940 million. To learn more about the Foundation, visit our website at www.CalWellness.org.
The executive assistant coordinates the administrative activities for the vice president of public affairs to ensure the efficient and professional operation of the Foundation’s Public Affairs Department. The successful candidate will possess strong organizational and communications skills and a positive attitude. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides administrative support to the vice president of public affairs, including organizing the efficient flow of work and materials; tracking department expenses in relation to the budget; preparing expense reports and check requests; and processing consultants’ contracts.
- Monitors internal and external communications for the vice president of public affairs.
- Drafts and edits reports, memos, emails and other communications for the vice president of public affairs.
- Maintains a calendar and makes travel arrangements for the vice president of public affairs and maintains calendars for key department activities.
- Coordinates logistics for department meetings and retreats; takes and writes up meeting minutes.
- Handles special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience and skill set.
- Five to seven years’ experience in an administrative position; some exposure to the philanthropic and/or nonprofit sector and experience working in a communications and/or public relations department or organization preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong math, reading, grammar, spelling and proofreading skills.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail, accuracy and protocol.
- Ability to plan ahead and work within deadlines in a structured environment.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and follow through to effectively manage work flow.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Ability to use discretion in maintaining confidentiality of sensitive materials and issues.
- High level of flexibility and responsiveness.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, database programs and Internet research.
- Interest in the Foundation’s mission and priority health issues.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with background and experience. The Foundation's benefit package is inclusive of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and short- and long-term disability coverage and offers flexible spending and 401(k) plans. A positive work environment that supports work-life balance is provided.
E-mail, fax or mail a resume with a cover letter and salary history to:
The California Wellness Foundation
6320 Canoga Avenue, Suite 1700
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Email: [email protected]
The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.