Woodland Hills (Los Angeles) Office
The California Wellness Foundation is a private, independent foundation created in 1992 with a mission to improve the health of the people of California by making grants for health promotion, wellness education and disease prevention. Since its founding, Cal Wellness has awarded 8,160 grants totaling more than $940 million. It is one of the state’s largest private foundations. To learn more about the Foundation, explore our website at www.CalWellness.org.
The person in this position supports the COO/CFO, as well as other directors within the Operations Department (directors of Finance, Information Technology and Grants Management), on various research projects and in the development of reports and presentations. The person also assists with various administrative functions to ensure the achievement of the Foundation’s mission and goals. Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists the operations team in managing and overseeing various internal and external projects; assists with maintenance of project plans and timelines; maintains schedules and attends meetings; publishes and maintains notes, documents and reports.
- Conducts research and analysis; analyzes and tracks information utilizing various databases and spreadsheets; prepares recommendations; produces internal reports, charts, graphs, infographics and presentations as required.
- Identifies, tracks, monitors and communicates project-related issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that may arise during the implementation of projects. May participate in the facilitation of amicable solutions with appropriate team members and vendors. May be involved in ensuring effective communications and relationships among project team members.
- May be assigned as primary contact person for certain Operations Department functions, such as reviewing and processing contracts and related documents (primarily related to consulting arrangements), tracking and completing documents related to general insurance policies, and coordinating the maintenance and publication of Foundation policies.
- Plays a major role in assisting the COO/CFO with the relocation of Foundation offices in both Los Angeles and the Bay Area by working with external vendors and cross-functionally to obtain and communicate important information and organize processes to ensure most efficient workflows. Performs project coordination related to the office location moves and demonstrates ability to meet established timelines.
- Attends and schedules telephone calls and meetings, including coordinating logistics and materials, prescreening callers and relaying incoming telephone calls, telephone messages and fax messages. Directs callers to appropriate staff.
- Reviews and screens incoming and outgoing general correspondence and mail; generates and proofreads correspondence, memos and reports.
- For assigned area, greets and accommodates the needs of guests and visiting staff.
- Manages calendars and coordinates travel arrangements and logistics for meetings, conferences, retreats and site visits for assigned area. Takes notes and summarizes key points discussed at these events. Organizes and coordinates food and refreshments for these events.
- Prepares expense reports using Concur.
- Acts as the liaison between assigned executive and other employees and departments.
- Assists with finance, grants management and information technology processes and other duties specific to assigned department.
- Participates in professional development activities and undertakes special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five to seven years of administrative experience, preferably in an executive environment in the philanthropic or nonprofit sector.
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including SharePoint, PowerPoint, Word and Excel; familiarity with database programs such as Gifts Alta, CRM Systems and Concur; familiarity with project software such as Smartsheet and Microsoft Project; and familiarity with accounting systems.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with close attention to detail, accuracy, protocol and deadlines.
- Strong logic, analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills.
- Broad and strategic mindset, creative aptitude and effective use of independent judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to interact collaboratively with all levels of staff, external consultants and professional networks.
- Strong project management and workflow analysis skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and follow through to effectively manage workflow and meet deadlines.
- High level of flexibility and responsiveness with the ability to shift priorities quickly and as organizational demands require.
- Ability to function and interact on a professional level with capacity to sustain the mission, culture and best interests of the Foundation.
- Ability to understand and consider organizational culture and change.
- Ability to take initiative and develop solutions quickly and effectively.
- Interest in philanthropy and the Foundation’s mission and operations.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with background and experience. The Foundation's benefit package is inclusive of medical, dental, vision and life insurance, and short- and long-term disability coverage, and offers flexible spending and 401(k) plans. A positive work environment that supports work-life balance is provided.
Email, fax or mail resume with a cover letter and salary history to:
Human Resources Department
The California Wellness Foundation
6320 Canoga Avenue, Suite 1700
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Fax: (818) 702-1999
Email: [email protected]
The California Wellness Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.