The California Community Foundation (CCF) is a public, charitable organization serving Los Angeles County in multiple capacities since 1915. We encourage philanthropy by individuals, families, companies and organizations, and serve as a trusted steward of their charitable funds and legacies. We make grants and collaborate with nonprofits in specific areas, and concentrate attention and resources on the needs of the most vulnerable individuals and groups in the community. CCF convenes and engages nonprofit, private and public sector partners to increase philanthropy and incorporate philanthropists into community problem solving in Los Angeles.
CCF is a dynamic environment that values individuals who want a purpose more than a position. We have a diverse and talented team of experienced and passionate advocates for our community. We are a learning organization driven by the idea that continuous improvement furthers professional development and increases our ability to effect positive change. We seek individuals who thrive in a fast-paced setting highly focused on results and impact.
CCF is hiring an Executive Assistant, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and Vice President of Finance. The Executive Assistant provides a high level of administrative and project management support to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Vice President of Finance of the California Community Foundation (CCF) and serves as liaison to the foundation’s Leadership Team. Responsibilities include project and process tracking and management, creation of presentations and reports and administrative support of the CFO and VP of Finance.
- Project Design, Management and Support: Involved in the strategic development of ideas, proposals, structures and budgets for various projects involving the VP of Finance, CFO and Leadership Team. Manages and tracks multiple projects, providing written updates to the CFO and Leadership Team, where appropriate.
Liaison: Serves as liaison between the CFO, the Leadership Team, and foundation departments.
- Leadership Team: Works in consultation with CCF leadership, creating agendas, memos, soliciting materials and coordinating regular Leadership Team meetings.
- Foundation Staff: Serves as liaison to communicate pertinent information between the VP of Finance, the CFO and foundation staff, suggesting courses of action using discretion and initiative when little or no instructions have been provided. Interacts with donors, advisors and VIP’s. Works with department staff to provide content for periodic internal foundation newsletter.
Administrative Support: Provides administrative support to the VP of Finance and the CFO, working closely with the President’s Office and foundation staff.
- Correspondence: Screens and handles telephone calls, referring as appropriate to other staff, Screens mail, routing to staff or referring to the VP of Finance and CFO with a drafted reply. Composes correspondence and memoranda from brief instructions or on own initiative.
- Scheduling: Maintains the VP of Finance and the CFO’s calendar, scheduling internal and external meetings, noting events and appointments and including all necessary information and materials. Makes arrangements for VP of Finance and CFO’s meetings, coordinating with staff to be present and collecting relevant documents. Works with VP of Finance and the CFO to ensure that preparations for meetings are made in advance.
- Coordination: Maintains a tickler system of all major assignments given to managers and other foundation staff. Works with President’s office on maintaining this system and determining appropriate follow-up assignments.
- Travel: Arranges for travel, specifying times, dates, best connections, food, seat locations, car rental, etc., and sets up hotels and equipment. Prepares internal expense vouchers and external letters for expense reimbursement from other sponsoring organizations.
- Filing: Maintains the VP of Finance and the CFO’s personal and general files as appropriate by subject, date, organization or pending issue, determining the system best for quick recovery. Enters new contact information into the constituent database as well as VP of Finance and the CFO’s Outlook contacts.
- Events: Provides on-site support for event registration and assists with set-up and breakdown. Coordinates with other staff regarding off-site events for VP of Finance and the CFO involvement i.e. talking points, call time and agenda.
- Finance Department Support: Assists finance staff with banking and investment account set-up and maintenance. Assists with transaction processing such as coordination of asset sale documentation, stock transfers, and cash receipts data entry.
- General: As appropriate, assists other departments and works as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure the effective and efficient operations of CCF. At all times, demonstrates cooperative behavior with supervisors and coworkers. Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience: Minimum of three years progressively responsible administrative experience required, preferably at a nonprofit organization.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree is required;
- Communication Skills: Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills are required. An ability to compose and edit correspondence and basic reports, knowledge of proper English, grammar and punctuation is required, with knowledge of a variety of written styles and formats. Critical thinking in assessing, compiling and disseminating information is necessary. A proven ability to interact well with all levels in an organization, donors, and grantees, and to work as a productive team member is also required.
- Technology Skills: Internet competency and strong computer proficiency, including mastery of the Microsoft Office software suite and a familiarity with database software, is required. Working knowledge of Blackbaud software preferred, with a willingness and ability to learn appropriate database, spreadsheet and other computer programs.
- Organizational Skills: Strong organizational skills required. Ability to anticipate the needs of a busy executive and coordinate resources.
- Project Management Skills: Strong planning skills required. Ability to prioritize work, multi-task, and adjust to multiple demands with minimal supervision.
- Judgment and Discretion: Skill in determining matters of importance and information of use to the VP of Finance and the CFO, exercising initiative in accomplishing any related tasks or referring the rest with the ability to refer, give or deny or ask for information in a tactful and friendly manner and to be discrete in giving information about the VP of Finance and the CFO’s plans and action to anyone is required. An intuitive ability to recognize and appropriately convey the sensitive nature of any situation and the ability to keep all matters appropriately confidential is necessary.
- Team Work & General Skills: Ability to work well as a team member and independently. Ability to take initiative and follow tasks through to completion. Ability to lead a team toward CCF's goals, leveraging each team member's skill set.
- Requires the ability to sit and work at a desk for several hours at a time.
- Requires the ability to travel and attend meetings, presentations and events outside the office, which may require occasional use of a motor vehicle for transportation to other locations.
- This position is required to be available to speak with clients and/or others while away from the office and/or with clients and/or others located in other time zones outside foundation business hours.
- Work may require occasional weekends and/or extended work day.
- Punctuality and satisfactory attendance are essential functions of the job.
This is a regular, full-time, exempt position. Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications. A generous benefit package is provided to all full-time staff, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, parking or transportation, and retirement benefits.
How to Apply:
To apply to this position, please visit our website at www.calfund.org and select “Careers” or go to http://www.recruitingcenter.net/clients/calfund/publicjobs
CCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees, and we make employment decisions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, gender expression, age or any other protected status. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.