Group Health Foundation is an emerging 501(c)(4) philanthropic organization committed to shaping and accelerating efforts to improve health and health equity in the State of Washington. We are seeking an Executive Assistant to the CEO and Board of Directors to join our growing team.
Fueled by Group Health Cooperative’s legacy and $1.8 billion in funds resulting from Kaiser Permanente’s acquisition of the Cooperative, we have an audacious goal: health equity in Washington State. We are committed to creating and supporting conditions where people of all communities, especially those experiencing social and economic injustice, can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential. We are dedicated to partnering with communities across the state to advance a shared vision for a vibrant, healthy future.
Cultivating a diverse and inclusive staff and board of directors is essential to our work. Applicants who represent the broad range of diversity and lived experiences in our communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To learn more about our work and values, please visit our website.
The Executive Assistant (EA) role is a highly visible position at the Foundation, requiring interaction with a broad range of internal and external constituents and playing a key role in support of our mission. Reporting to the CEO, the EA provides overall administrative and project support to the CEO and serves as a key liaison to the board of directors. The EA also has extensive interaction with other staff and community stakeholders. Professionalism, the ability to cultivate relationships, and flexibility to adapt to the changing needs and priorities of a growing organization are essential.
This is a full-time, exempt position located at our office in downtown Seattle. Some early morning, evening, and weekend hours, as well as occasional statewide travel, should be expected.
- Provide support and project management for a range of initiatives in which the CEO plays a lead role.
- Manage the CEO’s calendar and daily workflow, juggling competing priorities as necessary and making appropriate and informed decisions regarding available time.
- Schedule internal and external meetings, coordinating all logistics and details, providing relevant preparation materials, and ensuring appropriate follow-up.
- Screen, direct, respond to, and prioritize calls and correspondence, facilitating the smooth exchange of information as a first point of contact for staff, board members, and external partners.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the CEO and board members, including flights and lodging.
- Provide support to the board and several board committees. Schedule and arrange meetings, compile and distribute materials, attend meetings, prepare meeting minutes, and maintain corporate documents.
- Plan and oversee logistical arrangements for board and board committee meetings, including space and facility needs, meals and refreshments, supplies, and technology. (Quarterly meetings are held around the state.)
- Compose, edit, design, and format documents.
- Complete expense reports for reimbursement.
- Develop and manage the annual budgets for the CEO’s office and the board of directors.
- Minimum of five years in an executive assistant capacity with proven ability to excel at the responsibilities of this role
- Prior experience providing high-level support to boards, committees, or other similar work groups
- Minimum of five years of experience managing projects and initiatives
- Experience working under pressure and managing multiple, competing tasks and priorities
- Experience drafting agendas, presentations, reports, and correspondence on behalf of senior executives
Knowledge and skills
- Commitment to equity and social justice, and strong alignment with our organizational values
- Desire and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and lived experiences
- Strong verbal and written communication skills combined with the ability to listen deeply and authentically
- Demonstrated capacity for self-reflection
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and contribute to the goals of a dynamic and growing organization
- Ability to learn and anticipate the needs of executives and board members
- Ability to communicate with others on behalf of the CEO and board
- Ability to be self-directed, take ownership, and see projects to completion in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong customer service orientation
- Excellent writing, copy editing, and formatting skills
- High degree of personal and professional integrity and the ability to work with confidential information
- Ability to work collaboratively, exercising good judgment, decision-making, and problem-solving skills to achieve shared goals
- Strong project management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Appreciation for how short-term projects contribute to successful implementation of long-term strategies
- High-level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and SharePoint) and Adobe (Acrobat DC), and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Ability to take part in occasional meetings and events outside of core business hours
- Enthusiasm for traveling throughout Washington and engaging with communities that may be far different then your own (travel is estimated at 5-10% for this position)
In addition to a positive and flexible work culture, we attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary ranges are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting ranges for each position. The anticipated starting salary range for this position is $75,000-$92,000. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision for the employee and dependent children (covered at 90%), a 10% retirement contribution, generous and flexible paid time off, paid parental leave, a fully subsidized transit pass, and support for professional development.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your specific interests through our applicant portal. You will receive an automatic acknowledgment of your application once you submit your materials and can expect regular updates from the Foundation while the search process is underway.
We will review applications on a rolling basis as they are submitted, with priority given to applications submitted by November 30, 2018. Until the position is filled, all applications will be accepted and reviewed. If the position is visible on our website, it remains open.